This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.70 restarts after some notifications

Updated yesterday via USB and garmin express and since then, it is randomly restarting after some notifications, already happened 4 times since last night. Anyone else? 

• My non music FR245 just restarted when I scrolled to the notifications widget and pressed started/stop to view the two notifications. After the reboot I could access the two notifications.

FW 2.70

• I'm so glad this isn't just me. It won't stop restarting and I'm losing hours of data randomly throughout the day. Garmin, please force an "update" back to 2.6 .

• Switched to stock watchface and removed all third party watchfaces, still had resets/reboots today... So it's not custom watchfaces causing the problem

• If you need any additional logs I'm happy to send some over.

• This was my data yesterday. The first gap is overnight and I wasn't wearing the watch. The second gap from 8:30am to 3:50pm I was wearing the watch the entire time and after receiving a notification at 3:50 the data has just gone. There are similar gaps for stress and body battery.

245 non music, connected to Sony XA-2 running Android 9. Ultra Slim watch face installed.

Watch was perfect for a week before this update. Pretty disappointed with it now. it doesn't say much about the testing process if this can't be replicated. I only get a handful of notifications each day (between 3 and 5, sometimes more) and the watch restarts around once a day, losing all data since the previous sync.

Is there a memory issue with the 2.70 update? Could the notification cause a memory spike and cause the watch to crash? Is it possible to access logs on the watch to find a crash dump or some other reason for the restart?

If Garmin are unable to replicate the issue you should be leveraging your users here to assist, because at the moment it's been 11 days since this update went live which has a watch breaking bug in it and the official response is lacking.

• Happening to me too. 245 with iphone 8.  Crashes multiple times per day.  Watch needs to get fixed with an update or will be going back to store.  

• Is there any update to be had on this? 

I believe (but am not sure) that, after "down-dating" to 2.6 yesterday, the tracker reinstalled 2.7 today and crashed again. I love my 245 -- when it is operating on 2.6.  I do not, however, enjoy manually going back to 2.6 each day.

• Having the same problem here on a non music version of the watch with v2.7. The watch seems to stop monitoring heartrate and then resets after a random time (few hours). Resulting in a huge los of data. 

Downgraded to 2.6 as mentioned in this thread. I hope it will be fixed soon. 2.7 is a very bad user experience and Garmin should better stop auto-updating the watch to 2.7.

• Yesterday it happened again. As with the first time, I scrolled to the notification widget and pressed started/stop. Then the device restarted.

I noticed that - as with the first time - there was more than one notification.

2.70, iOS.

• I totally agree,

Since I have dowgraded to 2.60, the Watch is perfect.and I really appreciate and enjoy it.

Garmin should stop harm themself by keeping to distribute this update