This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.70 restarts after some notifications

Updated yesterday via USB and garmin express and since then, it is randomly restarting after some notifications, already happened 4 times since last night. Anyone else? 

• OK, after getting the small update mentioned above, I decided to try my luck and reinstall some of my third-party watch faces.

I had my suspicions before that something with the 2.70 update wasn't playing well with one of my watch faces and I think I may have been right. I reinstalled "Rails" and started customizing it and as soon as I hit "done", the watch rebooted. So, my question is, how many of you also have Rails installed? I'm not even sure it has to be set as the watch face, honestly. I wonder if that's the issue? Rails is such a popular watch face and something to do with this 2.70 update doesn't like something about it. 

I've now uninstalled Rails once again, so I'll keep and eye on it and see if the reboots stop again. 

• Nope, not using Rails, but I am using a non-stock/non-Garmin watch face from the Connect Store.  In the world of software development and integration, the smallest little thing can have the biggest unintentional consequence - with that in mind I'm going to switch to a stock/pre-installed Garmin watch face and see if that makes any difference.

• Add me to the list. It's my 5. day with 245 (no Music edtion). It is rebooting after notifications several times a day (approx. 3-4) with loosing HR record (30min-2 h) at least in my Garmin app on phone (can't figure out if on the phone too).On my HR graph in connect app on phone I can clearly see when the phone rebooted - before the reboot I have space with no HR measurement, after a reboot everything works fine.

Android on my phone. Using UltraSlim face, no Rails face installed.

It takes 5 seconds to reboot. The reboot is associated with triangle visible on the watch face and with vibration.

When the phone is not connected with my watch, the watch does not reboot, at least for the last 6-7 hours, so probably - no notifications=no reboot.

Does it happen only in 245-no music edition or on Music edition as well?

• Yeah, it's a FAST reboot/restart

I'm NON-Music 245

• Some of you are probably also active on this thread:

www.reddit.com/.../

It seems like the reboot problem occurs in 245 NonMusic versions of the watch. Is anybody here with Music version and rebooting issue?

• I had the same reboot and data loss symptoms since 2.70 but it turned out to be a third party watch face. I removed the CleanAnalog face and reverted to the default Garmin one and it's all good now.

• There is an open ticket with our engineering team that is being investigated. We have gathered error logs from users that are affected and hope to have a resolution soon. This continues to be an issue that we cannot recreate internally and little pattern has been seen so far. We appreciate your patience while we look into this and do understand the inconvenience this causes. 

• I will try to check tomorrow if the problem persists on stock-face. But it wouldn't be so obvious, that it crashed due to a problem with custom watch faces. We have different faces and the problem seems to occur only on non-music version. So if it doesn't crash on stock face, it must be some kind of an interaction between 245 non-music and custom faces that is specific to our phone. I will let you know tomorrow.

• Thanks for your reply. We have been waiting for it.

It seems that if you follow these steps the problem will likely occur:

1. Wear 245-non-music.

2. Have it updated to 2.70.

3. Load a custom face, such as cleananalog or ultraslim face (not sure as for now if this is definitely needed).

4. Connect it to a random phone through garmin connect app.

5. Wear for a day and wait for notifications.

The problem will magically occur approx. 2-3 times daily.

• I am having this data loss problem without using a custom watch face.