First, we would like to apologize to everyone who has been experiencing reboots and shutdowns on their Forerunner 245 due to notifications. We understand the inconvenience this has caused and we do our best to avoid introducing issues or bugs with new software updates, but we did not accomplish that this time.
The below beta addresses this issue specifically, and we encourage anyone experiencing this to install and test this, but this is of course voluntary. As long as we find no issues with the beta, these changes will be rolled out in the forum of a production update very soon.
The download for this beta can be found here.
- For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.82:
- Address an issue that could intermittently cause a reboot when receiving a smart notification
- Connect your Forerunner 245 to your computer using the USB cable.
- Download and unzip Forerunner245_282Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-280.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-280.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.