This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Button click quality very bad

From the time I bought my 245 replacing the 235, I noticed that the buttons are very hard to press, produce a very strong "click" sound, they seem to have two levels of pressing, and also the pressing is inconsistent: sometimes it is clicky, sometimes not. In comparison to my old 235, they feel very bad and the quality seems worse. Maybe it has to do with the mechanism for the water ressistance, but still, the feeling is very bad: the watch feels cheap because of that.

Did you notice the same in your device?

• Yes, sometimes start/stop button locks and I cannot click confirm whatever entry. Very buggy software.

• While I was in the "my buttons are mushy" boat after getting my watch 3 months ago, I have since noticed a much more clicky response.  I am very happy with the buttons now.

• Frustratingly enough, $300 doesn't warrant your complaining in the eyes of a large company like Garmin. Even my much more expensive 935 (and the 945 as well from what I read) has mushy/sticky buttons unless I soak it in water. And even then they only click for a couple actuations and return to their cheap feel quickly.

With Garmin you pay for their features, regular updates, GC, and of course FirstBeat license. If you are fine with less features but prefer better built quality then - for me - Polar is where it's at. My Vantage V has 5 satisfyingly "clicky" buttons that always feel the same no matter the weather, circumstances or how many times I clicked them.

• Bought last Friday, and today the down button is stuck! My first Garmin, ask me if I am satisfied...

• Also on mine. :-( 

I have the same issue with mine 245 music. Love the watch but his annoys me a lot. Only 1 month old.

Allan

Denmark

• The first thing I noticed when I unboxed my FR 245 last week was the non-positive operation of the buttons, and that they felt different to each other, and felt different with each press (sometimes 2 clicks, sometimes 1, sometimes mushy).

After a week of use my buttons are regularly getting stuck when exercising (sweat & salt water bind them up very easily).

To get the buttons working again, I have to stop my run or ride and rinse & dry the watch properly, sometimes multiple times.

Has anyone tried applying a lubricant to see if that helps?

I am tempted to apply a drop of olive oil down the side of 1 button, to see if it makes a difference.

Thank you, I am very grateful for your help.

Mark Slight smile

• Same problem with the stop/start problem. Ran it under the shower for a few seconds and it was fine. That isn't ideal after the money spent on this though. 

• Just bought my first Garmin (245m) 2 months ago. Very happy with it, but today I noticed the up and down buttons are stuck!

Gonna try and rinse it, hoping it will fix the problem. If not, should I sent it back? 

• Buy a 245 model in june (first batchs)... and exactely same problem...

Start/stop /// Back /// up : buttons get aleatory stuck.

• I have the same issue and thought something must be wrong with it, but after reading this thread I think this was by design of Garmin lol.  Probably to show the color on bottom of that button lol  and to prevent accidental presses and to make a a double click with a hard click sound for confirmation when sound is off.  the other buttons are different then the start button.  I haven't had any stick but I haven't used it in the cold yet,  and I am constantly pressing them so probably already worn them out lol.