This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-PRO Autocalibration

I updated the HRM and there is an option for distances and tempos. I'm happy to change  my old Food sensor. But.

I want to switch the distance and pace to the "always" option, but the "autocalibration" option turns off

How to set the distance and pace manually

In food under was the rate, and what to do in HRM-PRO?

I do not understand this Garmin.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have done a few runs with the HRM PRO so the calibration should be done at this point. 

Now I am on vacation at a hotel with some high end treadmill so I have decided to make a quick test on them with Stryd to compare after offloading the data. 

Both runs were @6min/km. At the beginning of the first run, the first km or so, the HRM PRO showed exactly the same pace as the treadmill. Only after that it started to drift off ending up with 5:40. 8km total. 

I did not calibrate it after the first run because I did not have my Stryd on for it. 

Today I made the second run. I run 4 km, stopped, calibrated to treadmill distance. 

Second 4km followed with the same behavior as with the first two. Accurate first km or so and then a drift off. 

The Stryd hold a constant 6:02 throughout the both 4km today. 

TLDR

HRM PRO calibration is not working as of right now. Waiting for a new firmware. 

• Treadmills usually increase their speed as time passes due to belt acceleration. It usually occurs on gym and hotel treadmills not calibrated since installation(most of them). For me I would believe more in HRM-pro values than on stryd ones.

On the other hand I've seen much drift outdoors between HRM-Pro and real speed. Maybe it needs more calibration or a firmware fix.

• the 5,75 was from the strap after (I presume) autocalibration as I have done enough hours/distance to get it done.

The second run done in exactly the same config Fenix + strap and distance coming from strap, but I have erased all autocalibration data from strap before run.

I have done already two resets to the autocalibration data on strap, as it seems to undercalculate distance after some time of “autocalibration”. Not sure when the autocalibration process is done. Maybe if it is not switched of it continuously autocalibration and this is the way it should be (so period of underreporting on distance, to get back to “normal"

There is no information on the process, when it is done unfortunately.

• First time I hear about this occurrence. Will read into that.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  
    if true, scratch my findings at this point.

This would be possible and crossed my mind, because my heart rate increased linearly with the alleged speed. I reasoned that lack of fan was a culprit (the room had AC), but the treadmill could be at fault after all. Difficult to judge at this point. 

• From my understanding, you sould not be able to use a footpod + hrm pro as footpod at the same time, did you use 2 watches? The new footpod function simply doesn´t work it´s rubbish.

• The thing is that while yours overstimates your speed, mine underestimates it mostly outdoors(indoors is more accurate) comparing both with autocalibrated Garmin footpod(not at the same time but done on a measured course) and GPS. HRM-PRO ..Same model and firmware..different results.

For me Stryd is really fine on flat courses but when there are hills or trails it loses its accuracy.

I'm really pleased with Garmin footpod. I dunno why Garmin has discontinued it.

When footpod is connected, HRM-Pro works only as HRM belt