This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-PRO Autocalibration

I updated the HRM and there is an option for distances and tempos. I'm happy to change  my old Food sensor. But.

I want to switch the distance and pace to the "always" option, but the "autocalibration" option turns off

How to set the distance and pace manually

In food under was the rate, and what to do in HRM-PRO?

I do not understand this Garmin.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I did yesterday my run and I can tell you that pace was very stable but to high comparing to average pace.
    Distance also deffer from other runs I did on the same track with GPS measure.

I’musing now Fenix 7X sapphire and couple days ago I did the same run, yesterday on the same course but distance measure set to HRM-Pro I got the same distance (5,21km), 300 m  further than first time. It is around 6% difference.

I will continue to run wit autocalibration, also planning to do some sessions on treadmill and after that will repeate this run to see what will change.

• Running on a treadmill won’t make a difference to the outdoor calibration. 

• If you check HRM-Pro manual, Garmin says:

Accuracy Tips

Tips below require the HRM-Pro or HRM-Pro Plus to be paired and connected to your watch.

• Best accuracy is typically achieved by doing several outdoor runs followed by a manual calibration.

• On the treadmill by selecting Calibrate and Save when prompted on your watch when stopping and saving your activity.

• Outdoor run activities should cover the same range of paces as you typically run on the treadmill. Auto Calibrate should be set to On.

• From your watch go to your sensors menu and select HR>HRM Pace & Distance>Auto Calibrate>On.

Than looks tha it does.
    Manual is here: HRM-Pro manual

• It means HR it works also with low-quality GPS Ultratrack, but the same issue like in my case is "not perfect calibrated"

Could you please share with maps GPS with ultra track VS normal GPS/Multiband, there is a big difference.

• I cannot share such maps because I’m not using and never used Ultratrac mode.
    Using it make sence for activities with floating pace or often course direction change.

Besides of that, on fully charged watch, with music played from it and GPS set to SatIQ, time prediction is 18 hours for run.
    I don’t see a point to take care about additional time ;)

• Dear did you tested this configuration ?

• and 

what is the  the result of this configuration ?

• Yes, I did it long time ago with Fenix 3 I had.
    Results were like Garmin described here:

UltraTrac

Records track points and sensor data less frequently. Enabling the UltraTrac feature increases battery life but decreases the quality of recorded activities. You should use the UltraTrac feature for activities that demand longer battery life and for which frequent sensor data updates are less important.

And I was never used this setting since then.

Could you tell why are you asking about case which doesn’t make sence to use in our case, especially to use it for calibration which requires best precision we could have.

• The autocalibration is way off for me.

Run yesterday with HRM Pro still set to autocalibrate (8+ hours of runs in). The pace and distance was way off. Total distance 5,75km (short compared to previous runs with GPS only and with stryde).

Today run exactly the same course (HRM Pro with autocalibration but after resetting the data). Total distance 6,8 km.

This is a little confusing. Not sure if yesterday my HRP Pro was still calibrating or the autocalibration process was already done. This is the second time I got the total distance short and have to erase the autocalibration data.

• To be honest I don’t get your point.
    If you have set settings to autocalibrate than watch is not using strap for pace and distance during outdoor run, than 5,75km was from GPS I assume.
    Second 6,8kw was from which device? I think also watch because as you mention you just reset the strap and need to calibrate it again.

Could you describe it step by step?