This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hrm Pro and Run are unusable after first change of factory battery cause the sudden discharging of all new batteries

After that to ALL of mine straps owned, two Hrm Run and now a Hrm Pro, has happened the same thing, I'm sure of that: after changing factory battery the strap drains all brand new battery that you put in in a few hours or days or little more but there's nothing to do, it's like they were short circuited on the strap, when you wear the first time all seems working then the battery get discharged. I tried everything, even put the battery on reverse side for a while but there's nothing to do. I'm sure that Garmin is aware of this problem cause on the web there are many cases like mine, I also suppose it's done on purpose otherwise it's unesplicable how this happens and how they didn't fix it. You can change under warrenty the first time but at the end of two years you are forced to buy a new one since the factory battery lasts 1 year. For me this situation it's a shame since that this are very expensive devices, next time I think I'll buy a normal strap from another brand giving up to running dynamics and other features.

• The same just happened to me. Any new battery draining in few days.

• The same just happened to me. Any new battery draining in few days.... My HRM was just slightly more than 2 years old. Don't know yet about my next watch, but for me this is over with Garmin for such accessories. The defect has been reported for years and those accessories keep being sold like this. It is unacceptable.

• thank you guys for your suggestions: Could fix mine after putting it in a dry chamber over night with open battery compartment, let's hope it was only moisture and no salt ... 

• same problem here ... with about 5 or 6 HRM TRI and HRM PRO ... not really funny ... :-(

• Dry chamber overnight?? Are you kidding??

That shouldn't have to be a thing from a global company like Garmin. It should be as simple as any other time one replaces a battery. Sad I replied to the original post on this thread over a year ago and Garmin still hasn't figured this out. I moved to a Wahoo tickr.

• I gave up on Garmin w.r.t this problem. Even though the new model HRM has a better design, the fact that mine broke right out of warranty resulted in me not supporting the brand on heart rate monitors anylonger. Got a Polar H10. Much much more durable. Does not have half the features, but at least it will last me long enough to justify its price. 

• Both my husband and my HRM Pro died within 10 months. Send them back, NO RESPONSE or reply from Garmin. During that first week I ordered another HRM Pro which even arrived defective. It is still sitting on the table in the box, 3 months later still no reply from Garmin. 3 straps within 10 months and NO product support. 

I bought a Polar HR10 - much better reliability and at least a company that takes pride in their products.

• Both my husband and my HRM Pro died within 10 months. Send them back, NO RESPONSE or reply from Garmin

What do you mean by „send them back???“

The process (with EVERY company!) is like that: Contact support, wait for reply, do what they advise, for example send it back.

I had two support cases with Garmin HRM, contacted support and got reply within three days, never had to send back anything.

During that first week I ordered another HRM Pro which even arrived defective. It is still sitting on the table in the box, 3 months later still no reply from Garmin.

Sorry, but I can’t believe that.

I contacted Garmin Support twice (via web contact support.garmin.com) and received answer within three working days. 
    BTW, both times I was in guarantee period of the first year and received a free replacement via their online shop. Just had to order it for free.

At topic:

I own a HRM Pro and changed battery about two months ago. Of course used it several times after the change and cleaned it (so had it under flowing water and in water for some time).

Everything is working fine. So at least it is not correct, that it is impossible to change battery successfully and every device fails after that.

• Oh send me your address, I'll send you the flat bands, the defective brand new band and the email correspondence. Maybe then you will believe it. I have no intention of typing anything on here which is not true. Every person in the house has a Garmin Fenix solar watch and we are tremendously in love with them and their functions. But what is wrong and offered to exploit people with active lifestyles should be pointed out without sugar coating!

• I have no intention of typing anything on here which is not true.

Sorry, my main message was meant to be "I made totally different experience with Garmin Support, so it is hard to believe", NOT "You are lying". Apologies.

But what is wrong and offered to exploit people with active lifestyles should be pointed out without sugar coating!

Sure, that is alright.

Still, I don't really get, what you wrote about "Send them back, NO RESPONSE or reply from Garmin."
    Why did you send it back and to whom? And did you contact them before? And where?

As I wrote, I made very good experience with visiting the website "support.garmin.com" (will route you to your country), then "contact support", then ignore the FAQs and look below that, there are contact options "chat" "call" and "mail". I used the mail template provided there both times and received answer within 3 working days. Others here in the forums have reported that the chat works well.

In my case, I always was within warranty time (first year) and received a replacement for free, no further questions asked.
    Garmin Germany btw.