HRM-Tri battery is already low!?!?!

I did not know whether to post this in the FR945 section or the Accessories section, b/c I dont know where the problem lies..

I have a brand FR945 bundle (got it about a month ago) and have used the HRM-Tri for I would say 15 hrs, mainly on my bike.

Yesterday during a cycling activity I got a warning saying that the battery on HRM-Tri was low.... From what I read around this is not normal at all..

Obviously, I am using the battery the strap came with... i never opened nor touched anything in the strap..

What could I be doing wrong in order to screw up things? I always rinse the strap after every use but do not dry it, i just hang it and let it dry by itself.

Is there anything I could do to somehow fix the problem apart from calling Garmin support?

Parents
  • Hi, sorry to hear about your mishap.

A month in use and already battery low message.

• I would suggest to call Garmin Support and explain the situation.
    • Or try and swap it with the vendor, not performing as advertised.

Opening sensor and replacing the battery you need a good screwdriver and some time.

I always rinse the strap after every use but do not dry it, i just hang it and let it dry by itself.

how wet is wet ? and how do you hang it to dry ? sensor patches not touching any surface or themselves ?

Me personally I would do the battery change.

Could ask the question in the FR945 forum, more audience for a decent answer and suggestions

happy & safe sporting

• Hi, sorry to hear about your mishap.

A month in use and already battery low message.

• I would suggest to call Garmin Support and explain the situation.
    • Or try and swap it with the vendor, not performing as advertised.

Opening sensor and replacing the battery you need a good screwdriver and some time.

I always rinse the strap after every use but do not dry it, i just hang it and let it dry by itself.

how wet is wet ? and how do you hang it to dry ? sensor patches not touching any surface or themselves ?

Me personally I would do the battery change.

Could ask the question in the FR945 forum, more audience for a decent answer and suggestions

happy & safe sporting

Children