This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 Battery Drain

Since the recent software update to 5.6 my battery lasts for less than 4 days. it was initially atleast 6 days. I do not have any app/fancy watch face. I mostly use Garmin for steps tracking and heart rate. I dont know what in recent update is causing this battery drain. it seems to be getting worse. is anyone else facing this issue?

• How long should it last in smartwatch mode with pulse ox on while sleeping only? 
  • I have also found that battery usage is gradually getting worse as my watch ages. I downloaded the new beta so will see if that helps.

• Mine is 2 wks old. Getting less than 3 1/2 days with only 1 1/2 total hours of GPS, expecting 6 to 7 days minimum. Pulse Ox is just on overnight, wondering if that is the killer.  

• Pulse Ox is a killer. Expect a day less for it alone. If you have smart notifications turned on and get a lot of notifications it will decrease the battery as well. I get about 4 to 5 days with Pulse Ox turned on while sleeping. But I have the screen brightness reduced to the minimum before it turns off. Garmin claims 8 days in smartwatch mode - essentially that is the maximum that you can get if the watch does nothing...

• Thanks.  Big part of moving up from the VA3 was the battery life was getting about to where this one is from New.  Will try with pulse ox never on, but isn't that part of the value proposition?  Have my phone with me all the time, so the music is honestly not a big deal.  

• If you are using Music that will drain your battery even more. 

• Set music up, but never use it. Just wondering if I will get through day of golf with GPS on, if it is this much shorter than advertised just in smartwatch mode. 

• If you use a CIQ watch face or any custom widgets try to use a stock watch face for a week to see if that makes a difference...

• Good suggestions. Some of those 'non-stock' items are what makes the watch much more user friendly.  
  • I can also confirm the same behavior.   I saw after the update completed on the watch, it showed a message on the screen similar to "time zone updates".   Since that time, my watch only lasts one day.  I used  to get 3-5 days easy from the battery life.  I am not sure if it is the 5.6 or a component update that caused the issue

Something has changed in this update.

my SW versions on the watch are sw 5.6, gps 4.8, bt 6.11, wifi 2.6, tsc 2.00, sensor 8.02, whr 1.00.06, connect iq 3.2.4, bmx 1.0.6, 2nd bmx 0.8.0

not which of these is the most recent update, but I think Garmin needs to look in this and push another update.