This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 Battery Drain

Since the recent software update to 5.6 my battery lasts for less than 4 days. it was initially atleast 6 days. I do not have any app/fancy watch face. I mostly use Garmin for steps tracking and heart rate. I dont know what in recent update is causing this battery drain. it seems to be getting worse. is anyone else facing this issue?

• Hey there! If the HR lights are not on and you have performed a restore to defaults then this device will need to be exchanged. Are you in the US or CAD?

• Thanks AmberD, I am in Canada.   I already spoke to a CSR, and got an RMA for my device, they are swapping it out.

• OK great! Let me know if you need anything when you receive your device! 

• I am still interested to learn why the battery drains so fast. Overnight it lost 15% (no Puse OX, bluetooth off). Now not using even for training it lasts 1.5 days... The watch is only 6 months. This started to happen when I upgrade the software 5.6 aprox 10 days ago. 

Looking forward for the solution.

• No problem at all. Even with PulseOx its only about 10% per night. I only set DND and Enable lock before going to sleep. Not even disconnecting from the phone...

• I've got new watch just 3 weeks ago and so far I'm rather lucky to have at least 4 days with some trainings with GPS but without music. Since PulseOX was highly unreliably and eat battery like crazy(nearly each use decreased battery life for 1%) I disabled it totally.

But what's interesting drain per night actually falls to minimum for me, most of nights it's just 3% when during the day it's ~0.7% on average.

What seeing how many have problems with the battery life I wasn't in hurry to install any new watchfaces and try to experiment by installing things gradually and monitoring how does that affects battery life.

And so far I've learned that some widgets are actually decreased it quite rapidly even that it wasn't mentioned that they run in background. Also I've got very fast battery discharge when some apps forced to enable my HRM sensor via bluetooth, in the end I just deleted it to avoid that and connect to it when I need via ANT+.

• I don't understand - my watch will last only about a day. I disable bluetooth, I uninstalled the music stuff... I'm trying to use the pulse-ox but hoping I have better than 94%.  Still. A day? What's up with that???

• if you're using PulseOX it can drain your battery quite rapidly. Also do you use any widgets or custom watchface? because for me certain watchfaces or drained battery quite fast.

• Hello! Are you using an CIQ apps by chance? If so, have you tried removing those and seeing if the battery holds up with the music still on the device.

• This happened to me 3 weeks ago after updating the software (not sure to which version). Battery draining in one day switching off all the funcionalities (bluetooth, Pulse OX, music, no fancy watch face, etc, etc). After waiting for an answer from Garmin Customer Support which never arrived I decided to return the product to the store and ask for a new one claiming the guarantee.

Garmin Customer Support, at least take note of this claim. There are more and more customers having issues with the battery.