This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 Series (all versions) SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • I solved my GPS/battery drain issue. For Google/Android - looks like the Connect app needs to be granted location privileges. Thinking back I the app asked me for location access after the last GPS firmware update on the watch - I granted it access only while the app was running, which is a feature in Android 10 I think.

I thought about the issue and went to app settings (Android OS settings) and granted "full" location access to Connect. Switched my watchface back to the one I was using originally that had location based weather info. Battery drain seems to be back to normal...minimal drain overnight.

Hope that helps someone.

• Pro Tip: After every update a restart is a must, otherwise you will get mixed results. If your sleep tracking is not working it is most likely you recieved a update. Just reboot your watch. Most problems will be solved by doing so. The OS on these watches can be very frustrating.

• I agree. Battery life is very bad compared to version 4.00. On version 4.00 I could almost go a full week without charging.

I wish I could downgrade.. 

• Its the abysmal phone software that suck, i have to wait untill afternoon to get a sleep measurement... And then its wrong... 

• Strange, Never had an issue with that. Always pops right up first thing in the morning.

• Yes I'm getting the same issue Body Battery at 5%. Did a full reset shot up to 70% now down again to 5% and hasn't changed in 4 days even with the stats such as sleep looking good.

• Sleep tracking is not great, had better tracking with my cheap Fitbit!

Also never been able to use PulseOx

• So now that it's been a while since I did the reset/reboot here's what I'm noticing:

1. The first two or three days my V4 uses about 15% power a day.

2. After that it becomes very variable, sometimes 20-30% or more per day. Previous to the last firmware/GPS updates, it was very consistent, I'd get 7-8 days.

3. It seems to lose stress tracking after some number of days post-reboot. Trying to manually check stress tracking shows "Check Fit". If I reboot the watch, stress tracking works fine again after.

• Garmin is crap. Already made up my mind, i'm selling my v4 on eBay and getting an apple watch. Especially now that apple has enabled sleep tracking. At least there's no promise of 7-8 days battery.

You know you're getting 2 days and no one is trying to sell you non-existent features

• How about an update to fix Bluetooth???

Seems like they are fixing things nobody complains about. 
    Hey Garmin, do you read these forums?

Lets get this Bluetooth issue fixed once and for all!!