This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 Series (all versions) SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • Training status would be a welcome addition

• Yes, its almost mandatory. Also remove the rep counting under strength training make it optional with a turn on and off

• Over last few months I kept silent on quality of software you rolled out. Some brought issues, some brought fixes. Recently it is more frequent and look like monkey-typing trial-and-error fixes. And this particular one (or GPS, from 3 days ago) is simply ridiculous - it generates 4%/hr battery drain, idling watch cannot stand one day. Can you hire some experienced software engineers or change subcontractor?

• Since the last update a few days ago (GPS), stress and body battery seem to be back to normal. Also battery drain seems normal. Fingers crossed!

• Another 4 days...still working great. I *think* maybe the battery life is not nearly as great but within a day or so...or maybe there is some setting I disabled before that I didn't disable this time is burning the battery more. Anyway so far so good, 8 days in from a reset then a power off/on.

• How long will it take you to fix the excessive battery consumption? Using a Garmin sphere --» 3 days of use... What's going on? We want to have the specs that we have pay for it...

Thank you for quickly response. Maybe you could make a general downgrade to the other version please... 

Very angry with Garmin software support.. always the same issue... :@

• So, I figured out the battery drain issue. From what I've read in the forums for people experiencing it. It's from the latest GPS software update. My guess is that GPS isn't "turning off" after you use GPS. I had a watch face that had weather on it that used GPS to get location when updating weather. I switched to a default Garmin watchface without weather and rebooted my watch. Drain issue is gone. My guess is I'll have to reboot the watch after doing any activity that is tracked with GPS too. But for the time being, it seems to be a workaround. But Garmin needs to fix this. This is my first Garmin watch. If this is typical then I'm jumping ship soon...

• indeed it may be some GPS glitch, or any other periferal power mismagement. I have noticed that over night usage dropped to typical for last few months (below 1%/hr) but during day it fluctuates from 1.5%/hr to 3%/hr, once hitting 6%/hr (!). Sounds lower then first time but I have done few reboots and updated all widgets/apps/fields to latest greatest. First I thought Garmin proprietary OS is having bad time mismanaging charge measuremeents (coulomb metering mixed with battery temperature), something I have seen on rooted android images few years back when calibration of battery after flashing new soft was needed. But these fluctuations are too irregular for such symptom as consumption dramatically jumps here and there over the day.

Nevertheless it is shame how Garmin gives middle finger to customers. Whatever it is I see no communication, no explanation, now way to downgrade or choose version to run forever. Just infuriated discussions on forum. I took a risk buying their hardware but I did not realize how fragile software environment is, combined with astonishing ignorance of the company. I was warned by friends using Polar that Garmin is jerking in many directions, building too many products with lack of maturity. So true and so sad. Luckily I am far from worshipping Garmin (just a watch) and main buying factor (promised 5 days on average on one charge) is now laughable pushing me to sell out this unit for pennies and look for competition. Shame on you Garmin, shame!