This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 Series (all versions) SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • very bad update 4.7. very high battery consumption. without GPS, vox2 only bluetooth watchface garmin display 10%. 1.9% battery per hour. Garmin, what are you doing?!!Disappointed

• Same here round about 2-3% battery loss per hour. 

But only after tracking an activity! After fresh restart of the watch everything is fine.

My assumption is that gps or something else in the background doesn‘t close after ending an activity.

Please fix asap.

• So today my VivoActive 4 reverted back to the bad behavior. No Body Battery tracking during sleep, no stress tracking. Worked fine for 4.60, totally doesn't work since 4.70

• I've also been experiencing body battery and stress recording issues since this update. My stress is always high and the body battery drained to 5 and got stuck. I did a factory reset, which seemed to help for a day. Now I am back down to 5 for body battery. I also lost about 80% battery one night while sleeping. I have been a fan of Garmin for many years, but I am very disappointed by this.

• So I found a new wrinkle. My battery was draining quite a bit after my reset a few days ago (and I haven't enabled WiFi or any Music apps). When it got near 10% I powered it completely off and hooked it up to get charged. I let it charge to 100%.

Currently, it doesn't appear to be draining like it did before AND Stress/Body Battery is working again. So I'm wondering now if a reboot is needed to clear some bad state (not sure if this will work for long... we'll see in about 3-4 days if this goes into a bad state again like last time).

• Do you think your reboot is different from a factory reset? I only ask because I did a factory reset and it only helped for about a day. I hope this works for you. Let us know if it does in a few days and I'll try it. Good luck!

• Yeah, I'm guessing it isn't but we'll see. My reset worked for 3 days. I only powered off/on my watch late last night but I'm guessing it may revert in the next couple days...

• Hydration not sending to Garmin connect automatically when i sync with app, or send via Wi-Fi on watch:(

• Played around the last 2 days and for Now I am pretty sure that a data field (RunningDF4 in my case) is the root cause.

First I did a factory Reset and installed no third party software.

everything was fine, battery consumption with pulse ox measuring during sleep On and 1h of activity with music was about 20% per 24h. Also today after a 2h bike tour everything seemed normal also after ending the activity.

3 hours ago I installed the data field again and started and stopped an activity. 
    after that the battery consumption went back to the „bad“behavior (2-3% consumption in idle state).

Now I will Uninstall it again and restart the watch...

• Just an update... it's been 4 days since my reboot and still working well!