This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 Series (all versions) SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • gimme a sleep widget and migrate Training Effect, Training Status, & Recovery Time to these devices as well. Make them intelligent for once... Right now your Vivoactive 4 series shows no signs of integrating all these metrics in to any meningful representation on the watch itself. Even after syncing with the web service (through Garmin Express)

it still does not keep you informed of basic health metrics in the "my day" summary, like last nights sleep amount.. 

• There are functions that are only available on Forerunner devices and above.  The venu/va is meant to be general purpose so won't get these things.

Sleep is something that's actually handled on the severs and not the watch, so you won't see a sleep widget on any device.

• So if I am a sportman (crossfit, bike)who do not practise running , which garmin watch is for me ? forerunner ? or VA4 ? Must I buy a forerunner to get these functions(training effect etc...) even I do not run ?

• Fenix range as they are multisport GPS watches.  as states the Venu/Vivoactive range are general purpose activity watches.  If you want recovery time etc. go for a Forerunner, if you want to track multiple sports then get a Fenix.  Get the correct watch for it's intended purpose.  I have a Venu and an Edge 530 and the Edge does give me recovery/training load etc.  

• Or I can also consider another brand of sport watch, because I do not want to buy two watches for my use:  One VA4 for the daily use and one forerunner 245 for sports....

• I do not agree. The Vivo Active 4 offers us the VO2Max, therefore you should also report our training status.
    The Forerunner range includes all the features of the VA4, so do the same with the current Vivo Active range.
    We demand that training metrics be built into a € 350 device

• Did anyone else have their sleep, pulse ox and respiration not get recorded with the 4.7 rollout? Frustrating. Hope it records tonight!

• Well demand all you like but they won't do it as it would take sales away from the Fenix and Forerunner series.  End of the day you should have compared them to see which suited you based on the features.

• Goodish news. THe data did show up after 4 hours. Never had that happen vofore and hope it doesn't again.  I do wish that connect and the watch had not had messages during the 4 hrs the data was missing saying that the data had not been recorded and it looked like I hadn't been wearing my watch.

• Yes and the answer is polar grit X.....