This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 Series (all versions) SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • I can't seem to turn off PulseOx after this update. I've turned turning it off or to "during sleep" on the watch itself, in the connect app, and even through the Garmin Connect website. The setting will show what tracking mode I have it set to, "off" or "during sleep", but it will still try and read my PulseOx readings throughout the day...

• After updating to sw4.70 I can't connect to my phone anymore

Audit shows latest sync was on sw 4.60 and nothing afterwards, not even a re-pair or reset will work, now it's not even pairing and I need to use wifi or express for any syncing.

• Don't install this update. Upgrade yesterday and battery drains in less then 5 hours.

• My Vivoactive 4 seems very accurate at sleep tracking as far as when I fall asleep,  wake up thru the night and in the morning.  It also seems pretty accurate on the body battery,  I do not use pulseOX so I cant comment on that. I have been very pleased with mine and surprised to hear all the issues people are having.  I also use GPS 4 days a week for about 30 -40 minutes per run and I get at least 5 days of battery life.

• Since 4.70, my VivoActive 4 is no longer recording Body Battery during sleep or Stress at all. Is there any way to go back to 4.60? Or did I die? Sweat smile

• I had the same issue. In fact r mi e started with 4.60 where body battery no longer got recorded. My temporary fix was to do a factory reset on the watch 

• Did it actually keep working or just revert to the bad behavior eventually?

• On 4.6, after the reset it worked for 3 days n reverted back to crap, so I got frustrated and refused to reset it again, 4.7 came out a day later and I upgraded, noticed same body battery issues and reset and it's been working so far. Hooefugarmin gets their *** together and stop releasing *** firmwares.

• Thanks for the heads up. Just reset mine (data and all), was pretty quick to re-setup (luckily all syncs back from my phone, just had to re-setup Garmin Pay with my card and set my watch face again)...seems to be tracking stress now, and my body battery is magically a lot higher (was showing single digits overnight/until I reset)... we'll see what happens.

• Honestly, I just used Samsung Galaxy Active 2 for a month. My advice is: Sell this piece of beta garbage and buy a complete product for once. It is a world apart, everything works and no waiting for updates (measuring blood pressure works) I will never buy garmin again.... Good luck guys.... I'm out

peace