This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery less than 24 hours

Dear Community,

Since yesterday i've got my Vivoactive 4s. Today at 11am i've charged it 100%. Now, at 4pm Battery Level is 55%. Just in Smartwatch mode
SPO2 is off. Wlan, Musik never used. 
Whats up? 
Are there someone else with this Problem?

• Same here I get 2-3 days max without extensive use of the watch. Doesn't bother me too much because it charges quickly.

But never in the world I could get close to 7 days

• Not sure if this is relevant for any of you, but I found the 'problem' in my watch when it was draining the battery. 

After some investigation and tests I found out that this was happening after using a bluetooth headset. After turning off the bluetooth headset (after a workout for instance), the watch continued to search for the headset in the background which in result was draining the battery rapidly, resulting in a batterylife of about 1 day.

You can see if this is happening for you via -> Settings -> Sensors

When I manually disconnect the headset (via Settings -> Sensors), the batterylife is immediately fine again. Hope this helps for some of you!

• Hi. I had the same problem with my VA4. Nothing helped. Gfarming support had only very stupid advices. Returned my watch two weeks ago and now I’m waiting for a reply from the service centre. But it’s really crazy how many people are having this issue, look at this forum. There must be something wrong with some production series of the VA4 or there is a firmware problem in the VA4. Never expected such troubles from Garmin. Very disappointing. 

• This is a good tip, thank you.  There are only a few situations where I expect to connect BT earbuds to the watch, so I would find turning that on/off to be only a minor inconvenience.

• When I had the VA4s I tried turning the Bluetooth off, but it did not help extend battery life. And when I would turn Bluetooth back on, sometimes it would have trouble connecting with the phone again and I would have to restart my phone, annoying all around.

What solved my battery issues? My 2 kittens. They destroyed my VA4s by batting it around the tile floor (scratched up display), and chewed the strap into a pulp. I replaced it with a Venu and I am so glad I did. The Venu battery life is stellar, I get at least 8 days (with the same settings as the VA4s) battery life, the quality of the display is 1000 times better, and as a result I use it way more than I ever used the VA4s. With the VA4s I would be lucky to get 5 days, a few times I managed to get 7 days, but could never consistently get good battery life (the as advertised 7 days) despite trying everything.

• over the last few months i have had battery consumption around 0.5%/hour (with notifications, without pulseox). Consumption increased up to 2.6%/hour without any change (no settings change, no installation nor update) two days ago. A made hardreset, disabled everything (no BT, no activity tracking, etc), installed only MyBattery and battery drain is around 5%/hour. Any suggestion?

• This is frustrating because I picked the VA4s over the venu because of the advertised longer battery life.  I have regretted my choice 

• I have bought the VA4 two months ago. The battery drained like crazy. Replaced my watch for another one, the problem remains. 5-10% battery drain every hour. Don't use any special feature. After last reset I set the watch to the minimal settings. No WiFi, no Spotify, no VO, No Smartphone notification, nothing. Just heart rate and steps measuring. Garmin is crazy to have such a problem without a solution. Used a VA3 three years before and never had a problem with it. Why the VA4 is so crappy, I can't understand. Shame on you, Garmin!

• Mine is currently getting drained 1% per minute.
    Not using any watch faces except what came with the watch, no data fields, disabled all the activity monitoring, PulseOX etc. Rebooted , reset everything and still it keeps draining the battery  extremely fast. Been like this now since Saturday. 

Tried all the tips on the forum but nothing works. Disappointed

• Mine used to drain straight after a charge, but all I do it turn it off for a few minutes after a full charge and this seems to work for me. I have normal watch face, night pulse ox on and a few activities a week and I usually get 4-5 days battery from it.