This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to download any app on Garmin venu sq2 music edition

I got a garmin venu sq 2 music edition today. I tried installing amazon music, spotify.. any app in the connect iq store. It goes on installing and then does not install.

I have tried on both android and ios. I have updated the watch using garmin express

I have reset the watch loads of times.. paired again. Connected and disconnected via bluetooth. Reset. Name it , I have done it. But somehow i cannot install any app.

I even uninstalled the apps it came installed with and it would not install those apps again.

Really fed up by now. Planning to return the watch. I have seen similar posts here and even on reddit. Seems like an issue with garmin venu sq 2 right now.

+

• Got my Garmin Venu SQ 2 Music today and I can not install a single app either (Germany). When I click install (ConnectIQ-App), I can see the green loading bar at the bottom right of the app under "My Device". If the loading bar is half full, the installation is aborted. 

• As mentioned in my previous response, this report has been escalated and is currently being reviewed by our engineers. Once there is any additional update, I will be sure to post it here. We appreciate your patience in this matter and hope to have an update soon.

• I think it is more than only the Connect IQ-App... Because it is also not possible to install something with Garmin Express... I fear, that the IQ-App has something destroyed in the filestructure of the Venu SQ2... Perhaps wie need a new update of firmware and IQ-App...

Hope this lasts not months...

• 28 days since this has been reported, that's at least how long it's been a problem. Your comment (and given that it's at least 4 weeks now) doesn't really inspire any confidence that it is seriously being looked into. At the very least it would be nice to have some idea of priority within Garmin to address the issue(s). What is the ETA here? Highly annoying. Just the amount of time that I have now wasted on this so far, and keeping in mind all the other people that are clearly struggling and wasting time. At the very least post a banner somewhere that there is a know issue with syncing.

It's being dealt with very poorly imho

• 28 days since this has been reported, that's at least how long it's been a problem. Your comment (and given that it's at least 4 weeks now) doesn't really inspire any confidence that it is seriously being looked into. At the very least it would be nice to have some idea of priority within Garmin to address the issue(s). What is the ETA here? Highly annoying. Just the amount of time that I have now wasted on this so far, and keeping in mind all the other people that are clearly struggling and wasting time. At the very least post a banner somewhere that there is a know issue with syncing.

It's being dealt with very poorly imho

• BTW, regarding the Connect IQ Store app on smartwatch. I never used it before, using Android version directly, but had to use watch version extensively recently trying to install, and also recording problem video for Garmin engineers support ticket.

As a result I came to conclusion that Connect IQ Store watch app is useless (or maybe I understood something wrong???).

When I select some app or watchface to install/update in watch Connect IQ Store it says "We'll install later and notify when app is ready.", even though it has direct access to Wi-Fi. I mean, even when app was working - it is doing nothing, unless you pair Android over Bluetooth - then, and only then watch app is downloading something and attempting to install. But what's the point??? If I pair watch over Bluetooth I can then simply run install/update from Android.

Taking that into account - it would be great if Connect IQ Store app could be uninstalled from Venu Sq 2, to free up space for actually useful app, that can work by its own.

What I like most about Garmin - very long battery life. For that reason I'm also using Bluetooth schedule on my Androtid, which is turning on Bluetooth once per few hours to sync latest data, it helps to keep watch battery life even longer without constant active Bluetooth. In that context, Connect IQ Store app is also quite useless, because it can't do anything by its own, sadly.

And now we have this issue again after Connect IQ Store update, I seriously don't understand why Garmin simply not roll back breaking update, let us use our watchface normally, fix problem, and update app again when it's properly tested and working for all devices.

• Mine too, just got it 3 days ago and unable to install anything

• The same here... NEW watch - but can not use it correct...  For me this is horrible. Using Garmin since 2005... Using ONLY Garmin... I can not tell this to my friends...

• Yes, I just got a Venu Sq 2 and I am experiencing the same "unable to install apps" problem.  So, since I found this post and also one on Reddit, I am now aware that this is an ongoing issue with the Venu Sq 2.  From this forum, it looks like the problem has been ongoing for a month now.  THIS IS AN UNACCEPTABLE RESPONSE FROM GARMIN!!  I have been a fan of Garmin since I got the Forerunner 35 5 years ago and have promoted Garmin to others because of the great battery life and very good phone app.  Now I'm not so sure...

Two observations.  I was on the phone with customer support with a very nice person for over an hour discussing the problem (before I found these posts). She made many suggestions which didn't work. She seemed to have no idea this was an ongoing issue with the Venu Sq 2.  How could Garmin not notify their support people about this problem??? It was a complete waste of time for me AND the Garmin support person.

2nd observation.  I worked for a small software company some years back which made critical data collection systems for factories and utilities.  One of the benefits for the company's customers is that if there was a significant software bug/issue they dropped everything and it was all hands on deck to find the problem and solve it.  One of the shortcomings of bigger companies is that there is too much compartmentalization and too many procedures to make quick fixes.  This is clearly a "significant" problem for Garmin.  Many watches are being returned because of the problem.  The fact they don't drop everything and get an emergency fix out is an egregious indication of poor customer support.

I may return my watch in a week or so if Garmin doesn't fix the problem.  Will I consider Garmin again in the future, I'm not sure....

• Just wanted to add myself to the ever growing list of people who cannot update apps and watch faces from Connect IQ app on my Android phone. Very unhappy as I only bought my Venu SQ2 today. After a couple of hours of trying different solutions, I finally Googled the issue and arrived at this forum topic. Apparently this has been going on for over a month with no solution. Not good Garmin!