This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hydration not resetting each day

I have seen a few reviews in the app but wondered how widespread this is.

When I wake up in the morning the hydration widget is still reading yesterday's total and has been since the last update.

3 weeks and it's not been fixed or even rolled back to the previous version while a solution is worked on.

I get the it isn't the best widget as it doesn't even send the totals to the connect app but it is a paon manually resetting the total each morning.

• Using Venu 2and Hyda App since a few days only - at my side it seems to be like this:

- in the morning opening Hydra App shows the full value from the day before

- waiting for some seconds reduces the value to zero OR (and thats funny) - the values drank after regular start of Sleeptime.

Thought this would be a feature, wanted Garmin to recognize if I wake up or not for the bathroom before ore after midnight, too ;-)

• Hi

I obsere a similar thing.... have not yet tested, how the configured start of sleeptime affects it, interesting observation!

My VENU2  just received the update to 5.33 yesterday. Unfortunately no improvement so faar. Still no Hydration Alerts, Still no Hydration Glance Reset....

can you test, if the Hydration Alerts are working on your side?

• I´m not sure at which corner you are? Is there an Alarm Setting in Hydra App? Or do you mean an alarm setting included in an activity tracking like "Mountainbiking"?

Anyway - I did not use a Hydra Alarm yet...

• Hydration Alerts are part of the Hydration App and can be configured in various ways.

Probably the easiest is directly on the watch:

1. Swipe down to enter the Glance Loop
    2. Scroll to the Hydration Glance and open it by tapping on it
    3. At the Hydration App Screen, where you can add the amounts of water, PRESS & HOLD the B Button until the setting screen appears
    4. You will find the "ALERTS" there, which you can set to  OFF / FREQUENT / OCCASIONAL / AFTER ACTIVITY ONLY

Would be interesting to know, if those work on your VENU2.... thanks in advance!

• It's still the same for me. 5.33 watch, Hydration Tracking version 1.42. 
    I removed the watch from Garmin Connect, re-added, uninstalled and installed Hydration Tracking, and it didn't change anything.
    Still in the morning it does not reset to zero, during the day after entering Hydration it can value itself,
    it does not synchronize with Connect, wrong values ​​from the previous day, no alarms.
    Has been a hard reset, but will it do anything.
  • Similar/Same situation here!!

After updating to 5.33 and updating HYDRATION app, it is still not resetting,. nor does it give Hydration Alerts....

Maybe it is not important to others, but for me this app was a desirable feature and amongst the reasons to get this watch!

But I can't help to think that the support has given up on this....  :-(

• I joined just to comment this in the event that it might be helpful. Running 5.33 on my Venu 2, have had Hydration Widget problems since the first firmware update out of the box. Hard resets, reinstalling the glance, etc. has made no difference to the problem even after the November 5 update to the Hydration widget in Connect IQ.

Here's my workaround:
    If I would like the Hydration Glance to sync properly, I have to tap it on the watch and open it and keep the screen on. Then, I have to manually refresh the Hydration Card in Garmin Connect on my Android phone a couple times (doesn't work on the first try) to get it to sync correctly. ANY other method does not work, whether it's actively or passively (without opening the app) syncing through Garmin Connect. And just like everyone else has experienced, it does not reset the hydration stats the next day (have to do the entire procedure described to get it to work) and it does not give me notifications.

I'm willing to help you test this out and reproduce the problem just so I can get this feature working properly and avoid the hassle of this workaround. 

• Hi !  We haven't given up.  This report is currently escalated, so we are looking into possible fixes at this time.  When I know more, I'll post an update here.

Additionally, I saw your post in the thread about the hydration alerts.  I'm asking for an update on that and will post in that thread once I know more.

• So far it has returned to normal, it works properly. I don't know how it happened, whether there was a need to restart the watch or the time. Resets in the morning, itself does not change during the day, there are alerts and Connect is valid. I am watching and keep it that way.

• I praised too quickly. Again in the morning it did not reset to zero.
    This was the last value I added on the previous day, late in the evening.
    I also had the reading in Connect reduced by this value. The alarms also stopped working.