This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hydration not resetting each day

I have seen a few reviews in the app but wondered how widespread this is.

When I wake up in the morning the hydration widget is still reading yesterday's total and has been since the last update.

3 weeks and it's not been fixed or even rolled back to the previous version while a solution is worked on.

I get the it isn't the best widget as it doesn't even send the totals to the connect app but it is a paon manually resetting the total each morning.

• Hi Garmin-Kevin

I have updated to the 5.18 Beta and reset the watch (system -> delete data and reset settings).

Then I synced it with Garmin Connect (Wireless via Smartphone) and Garmin Express (via USB Cable)

Unfortunately, so far no improvement! :-(

• Hydration Alerts still not working!
    • Hydration Glance Progress still not resetting!

What's next?

PS: fyi - in Garmin Express,, the VENU software still shows up as 4.67. on the watch, it says 5.18....

• All the issues with the widget not resetting came from the 1.3.0 2nd Sept update, just look at how the reviews change after 2nd Sept. Nothing we do will help. 

I don't understand why garmin can't roll it back to the previously known good version while they work on a fix.

• Please look for the email in your inbox with the subject line related to this individual thread.  Once I have the requested information from you and , I can go ahead and submit the support case to the Help Desk and Engineering teams for investigation.

• I have send you extensive information including the GARMIN folder of my watch, several screenshots and a screen recording of my smartphone.

Hopefully developers will finally be able tolook into this and provide a resolution!

Thanks in advance!

• I have the same problem with hydration widget. On 5.27 issue is still.

• All-

Please confirm the following:

1. You have updated the watch software to 5.27
    2. Uninstall the Hydration widget and re-install
    3. If after completing steps 1 & 2, if you are still experiencing this issue, please tag me and I will email you for additional information.
  • Did all of the above with software version 5.18. problems remain.

I am not able to update to the latest version 5.27 yet.  can you confirm that there were changes made to solve that specific problem or is this a general recommendation/requirement from your help desk...?

• All- 

Per Using the Hydration Widget on Your Garmin Watch please make sure that you are following instructions in the "Syncing Hydration Data With Garmin Connect" section when you are trying to get your Hydration Glance to reset.

So, as an example:

• I have an 8 ounce container setup in my Hydration Widget/Glance
    • On October 7th, I input consumption of 10 - 8 ounce containers of fluid (80 ounces)
    • When I wake up on October 8th, my Hydration Widget/Glance should (and will) still show 80 ounces consumed
      • UNLESS: When I wake up in the morning, I must go to the Hydration Glance/Widget on the watch and sync with the Garmin Connect mobile app while viewing the Widget/Glance on the watch.  This process will "reset" the fluid intake.

If you are following this process and meeting all other criteria previously mentioned in this thread, then please tag me and I'll email you for more information.

• Please see the post that I just submitted and confirm if you are syncing your watch with the Hydration Widget/Glance each morning.

• I followed the directions and the problem is still there. 
    Entering the widget in the morning does not reset to zero,
    it does not sychronize the full value from the previous day in the Connenct application.
    The watch is connected to the phone all the time. I will not synchronize in the application every morning.
    In Venu 1, I didn't have to do anything like that and it worked.
    Sometimes when I enter the widget on the watch, the hydration value jumps by itself.
    As for me, this is a bug in the software and in the latest version 5.27 it still has not been fixed.