This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hydration not resetting each day

I have seen a few reviews in the app but wondered how widespread this is.

When I wake up in the morning the hydration widget is still reading yesterday's total and has been since the last update.

3 weeks and it's not been fixed or even rolled back to the previous version while a solution is worked on.

I get the it isn't the best widget as it doesn't even send the totals to the connect app but it is a paon manually resetting the total each morning.

• Hi all,

Thanks for testing this, sorry to hear that you have the same issue. But apparently it is not a single isolated issue with my watch....

I have done similar "tests" during the last days and observed the watches behavior. I have also deleted the folders on the watch as described in your email and did a hard reset. The hydration feature is still not working as it was, when I first got the watch. The glance/widget never updates/resets without syncing with the app on the phone and opening it on the watch. And even then, only sometimes the glance/widget resets to zero after opening it,  sometimes it resets to some other value... 

That this behavior that you described in your forum post on October 7th is now explained as "intended" is very strange. As already pointed out in this thread and via email, this is not the way the hydration feature was working when I first got the VENU2. 

Can you please comment on this?!

• @Garmin-Kevin I have updated watch to 5.27 and I unistall and install hydration widget. Notthing change.

• Thank you all for your participation in the effort to resolve this issue.  Here is what the Venu 2 that I am using is doing when I log hydration on the Hydration Glance/Widget:

• Input hydration consumed on watch widget
    • Open mobile app and sync with widget showing on watch
    • Consumed total still shows on watch after syncing
    • Sleep
    • Upon awakening, view widget/glance on watch, which has reset to 0
    • Check mobile app hydration for previous day, which shows correct volume consumed on the previous day

I understand that this is NOT what you all are experiencing and for that, I apologize.  Here is what we need to best move forward with further troubleshooting:

1. Send me a copy of your Garmin Folder (check your email for a message from me)
    2. AFTER you have replied to my email and sent me a copy of your Garmin Folder, sync your watch with Garmin Express or the Garmin Connect mobile app, then reset the watch to its factory default settings.
    3. Reinstall Hydration Widget/Glance
    4. If you are still experiencing issues with the watch not resetting to 0 or not properly syncing, please reply to my email "requesting the Garmin Folder" with a video showing the syncing behavior which includes both your watch and your phone's Garmin Connect mobile app in the video.  You may need to borrow a friend, co-worker, or neighbor's phone to record this video.  I apologize if this is a big ask, but we are looking for examples/video instructions of how to reproduce this internally, as we have yet to do so on any of the Venu 2 units that we use for testing.
  • I am sorry, but I won't bother to do that. The hydration widget was working perfectly alright in earlier firmware versions, as BikerWithAVenu2 pointed out  . A change that Garmin made to the firmware is causing this odd behavior, so you should be able to track when the change was made and reverse it without asking people for videos and extensive data.

•  

Can you please specify, what you mean by "...upon awakening, view widget/glance on watch, which has reset to 0..."

Does viewing mean browsing through the glance loop or does it mean selecting a glance in the loop too open it?

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-67C96EA5-4D58-4292-9BB3-E74B5BDB801D.html

• When I sync my hydration, I navigate to the Hydration Widget/Glance and open it so that I have the option to add hydration.  Once I see those options to add hydration, I then choose the sync arrows in my mobile app.

• But on the next day, when you "Upon awakening, view widget/glance on watch, which has reset to 0", is the glance reset to zero in the glance loop?

• Yes, for me, it is.  If I understand you correctly, yours is not.  I did receive word that the case I have submitted for this issue has been escalated, so we now have more eyes on it working toward a solution.  I may be reaching out to you (via email) for additional information/testing, depending on what Engineering needs to continue their investigation.

• Thanks for clarifying! Yes, you understand correctly, for me the glance in the glance loop never resets to zero anymore.... sometimes, it resets when I tap on the glance in the glance loop and open it. but even then, sometimes it just changes to some other value and does not reset to zero....  i believe one of the videos i sent shows this quite well.

• Glad I understand you correctly.  I'm more optimistic now that this has been escalated.  I'll share what I know, when I know!