This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route recalculation activated even if it set disabled

We can set On or Off for the route recalculation in navigation settings. In spite of the recalculation is off, route recalculation will execute when my position is off from the course. It indicates the route for back to the course.
Is this the recalculation feature? Can I suppress it completely?

This behavior occurs in following settings.
- Ride with the course
- Turn guidance: Off
- Lock on the road: Off
- Recalculation: Off
- Off crs warning: On

It is annoying to be displayed every time for dropping on the way in the ride. Alert of off course is sufficient if the recalculation is off. It is inferior from older 520.

Edge 530 (ASIA) v5.20

• Yes, another feature I also didn’t get on with.

In my opinion it didn’t make sense to do it the way it does. Like you, I think ‘off’ should mean no recalculation whatsoever.

• Given the limited basemaps on the 520 versus the full routable maps on the 530, it's not surprising there are some changes.

The off-course warning will indicate the way back to the route. 

Recalculation is more dynamic, and may potentially direct you back to the course at a point different to where you left it (unusual, but may occur if there is a shorter/more popular route, if you have had to make a significant unplanned detour, etc).

You could set the navigation prompts to Text only, if you prefer.

• I found same topics a lot as follows. These are all from the 1030.
    forums.garmin.com/.../disable-recalculation-completely
    forums.garmin.com/.../recalculation-is-useless
    forums.garmin.com/.../switching-route-recalculation-to-off-does-not-work
    Certainly, if 'Off Crs warning' is off the behavior does not occur. However, this is not a solution. This is enough for using eTrex that has no navigation system depends on a map. But eTrex is big and heavy.

Edge 530 implement map and navigation system as the 1030. This has brought the related problem at the same time.
    For example if the map is wrong or dropping from a course on my will, the 530 becomes unstable immediately. The old 520 is much better for tracing on a course.

I repeat from past topics for the 1030.
    --
    So, very, very easy request :
    When "Route Calculation" is Off, please no recalculation (independant "Off course warning" is On or Off)
    --

• Absolutely would like to second that. Recalculation of route (even when turned ‘offf’) is completely annoying and also time-consuming and error prone. Please disable it!!!