This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation chart and grade display completely wrong on 530 with v 3.50.0.0

My 530 was displaying grade during the ride accurately and had accurate elevation charts in Garmin connect after the ride.  That all changed last week.  The grade seems totally random. For example, today it indicated -7% during a steep climb.

In addition, the elevation chart displayed after a ride is completely wrong.

This is what it showed on my ride today before I applied elevation correction.

Here's the same ride after elevation correction was applied.

As you can see, they are completely different.

I don't know if this issue started when 3.50 was applied.  Anyone else having this problem?  

• Having the same problem that just started this week two same he'll repeat rides but the second one was this week and that is the one with the problem

• I'm having the same issue, letting the unit "dry out" kind of fix the problem, it seems that whenever the Barometer is humid, its readings are incorrect, my unit is on firmware 7.00.
    you said more than over 1 year ago that you guys were "actively investigating" this issue, and you guys have even asked for files which some people have provided those files and still no response from you. If Garmin cannot fix this Barometer issue at least tell us that, but it has been too long and we are still having the problem without a fix or at least a simple "temporal" solution, even the "dry out" solution was posted NOT from the garmin support, but from an external person.

My unit is reading better now but is not perfect, the Grade delay is too long (for example, I could be climbing and then start descending and the unit will not read the descend grade until maybe 1min later, before the problem started, it would take the unit like 4 seconds to read the new grade) and I normally have 100-200m difference between the other guys in my ride for the total climb elevation.

Please helps us!

• Garmin is replacing my replacement unit (I posted here back in May), which again suffered from the same baro alt defect you've described.  The Garmin Support rep told me that they've fixed the baro alt hardware.  I noticed that my new replacement unit has been refurbished, presumably with the hardware fix.  Will post if my new replacement has any issues.

• Same problem here. Completely frustrating!!!

• My 530 has been good until a wet ride yesterday where it started showing negatives on steep climbs etc, I just assumed it was the wet weather on the altimeter too. will be interesting to try it out again and see if it's back to normal

• for two years no improvement for my 830. It's not about wet

• Same here. And on a second 530. So not device dependent

• I've had the same problem on three units.  Garmin replaced the first two.  The third one has worked for a few months but lost its mind today (saying I was on a -25% grade when I was riding uphill, etc.)  I'm not sure if I'm going to replace it again or just switch to a Wahoo.  Friends I ride with seem to have pretty good luck with those.  I've stuck with Garmin since i have other Garmin devices but this is getting old.