This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation chart and grade display completely wrong on 530 with v 3.50.0.0

My 530 was displaying grade during the ride accurately and had accurate elevation charts in Garmin connect after the ride.  That all changed last week.  The grade seems totally random. For example, today it indicated -7% during a steep climb.

In addition, the elevation chart displayed after a ride is completely wrong.

This is what it showed on my ride today before I applied elevation correction.

Here's the same ride after elevation correction was applied.

As you can see, they are completely different.

I don't know if this issue started when 3.50 was applied.  Anyone else having this problem?  

• Will try that, makes sense since mine stopped working properly after heavy rain during a ride

• sounds like a hardware design issue as it is labeled as IPX7 and should support a water immersion to a depth of 1 meter. definitely not the device quality I'm looking for... :-)

• Me again, it´s not solved and I`m not sure if it is a moisture problem. Yesterday I had a race on the legendary Nürburg ring "Nordschleife". This track is completely measured by elevation and grade of descent / ascent. My Garmin showed me descent grades when I went uphill and after three laps I had a total of 690m of ascent - this is the number for one lap, but I had three. After that I've checked the elevation chart, that was not the Nordschleife. Completely a mess. More disappointing for me: In the morning arrived the new edge 530, I`ve started it and it showed me 100m   more altitude then it was on the point where I was. I gave it a few minutes, but the number did not changed. So two devices tested both useless for me. Yesterday we had high humidity, but this can't be a reason for a problem. Not for Garmin device, not for a outdoor device. this would be more than ridiculous. 

I really love Garmin connect and the features there, but I`ll give it a try with another edge series, and if this doesn't work will change completely.

• Unfortunately, despite the replacement of the device, the problems do not disappear.
    It looks a little like Garmin had a problem with counting the height.
    I did not have this problem using the Edge 520 before. Riding on a loop, the differences were up to 2-3 meters. In the case of the new Edge it can reach several dozen meters.

• I just did a mtb ride, where the altitude was wrong. It showed about 200m too high during the ride (i were at positions with known altitude). After the ride, the altitute profile looks like this: 

• Sw: 3.50, weather was perfect. 
  • Same problem here, until few weeks ago grandient and elevation were pretty accurate, now during riding I’m experiencing no sense gradient (looks like a lag of few minutes) and inaccurate elevation and consequently Elevation Gain. Pretty disappointed for a such expensive device..... 

• The problem apperead since I update the firmware to 3.5 version. Now, I’m running the 4.10 and the problem of inaccurate gradient, altitude and total ascent is still there. I tried also to reset the device but nothing....Garmin are you there????? Could you please give a feedback????

• @Magnusrm you be willing to share this file?

• Same problem. Has there been any solution ? Leaving the port open for 2 days was no help

• Same here with edge 830 v 4.10, no improvement leaving port open for 2 weeks