This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation chart and grade display completely wrong on 530 with v 3.50.0.0

My 530 was displaying grade during the ride accurately and had accurate elevation charts in Garmin connect after the ride.  That all changed last week.  The grade seems totally random. For example, today it indicated -7% during a steep climb.

In addition, the elevation chart displayed after a ride is completely wrong.

This is what it showed on my ride today before I applied elevation correction.

Here's the same ride after elevation correction was applied.

As you can see, they are completely different.

I don't know if this issue started when 3.50 was applied.  Anyone else having this problem?  

• I have similar situation ...

You can see distinct altitudes.

Another correct height profile for rides from another day. Most routes are the same.

• Hello,

I have the same problem, and I also think this is since the 3.50 update. The altitude just starts increasing or decreasing with no apparent reason. The grade is totally wrong as well.  

Here is my ride to work today in the morning according to my Fenix 5 Version 13.30. The route has about 19 meter descent and 19 ascent. What the F5 got quite right. 

Fenix 5 commute

And then the same ride (started them together) with the Edge 530 Version 3.50, Which shows a constant 260m ascent.

I have also set the device static out in the garden for 19 mins and started a workout. It's quite easily visible that the barometer goes crazy. About 80 meters of fluctuations with no movement. This can't be right.

• Both versions 3.20 and 3.50 show erroneous indications.
    I have gone through my activities back and there are always deviations, smaller or larger.

With a friend on Edge 830 everything is ok.
    Another friend on Edge 530 also has incompatibilities.
  • That might be that others were affected before the 3.50 update, but mine behaved quite normal until then.

• Same here. Is this a software or a hardware problem?

• Same here. Is this a software or a hardware problem?

• Was it raining/poor weather for this ride? If yes, barometric altimeters won't give a good reading. Good time to use elevation correction.

• Just did a Sync on Garmin Express and did a hard reset. Still the same issue. Lost all my settings in turn.

• I habe thought of that too. Yesterday was a bit stormy but today the weather was fine and still the same issue

• Has anyone else installed the 3.55 beta?

In my case I am kind of undecided. It seems better than it was, however compared to my fenix 5 the altimeter is offset, and lagging quite a bit behind.