This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation chart and grade display completely wrong on 530 with v 3.50.0.0

My 530 was displaying grade during the ride accurately and had accurate elevation charts in Garmin connect after the ride.  That all changed last week.  The grade seems totally random. For example, today it indicated -7% during a steep climb.

In addition, the elevation chart displayed after a ride is completely wrong.

This is what it showed on my ride today before I applied elevation correction.

Here's the same ride after elevation correction was applied.

As you can see, they are completely different.

I don't know if this issue started when 3.50 was applied.  Anyone else having this problem?  

• Hello,

Same here, I bought my 830 in September 2019, until middle of may it was ok, now i have altitude issue, even without moving i have a drift of +/- 70 m, last WE i have updated to 5.5 and i have done a cold start to be sure ! May it is more a hardware problem than a software one... Any ideas ? I can provide FIT files...

• i got the same problem. Not sure if it is the software or hardware. Yet, i will be sending for warranty repair and be without device :( 

• At the end i did the same, after two weeks got a new one yesterday, tested fine this morning...

• I’m on 5.50 on my 530 and my elevation data is garbage. It’s never been good but it’s unusable for data collection now. Have reset it, but think it’ll go back if it doesn’t sort itself soon.

• I am also on a 530 running 5.50 and the elevations are out of whack compared to my Fenix 6. When I use the corrections in Garmin Connect, it still doesn't match the Fenix data. My unit is only 2 week old, but I recently put on a silicone bumper, might have to take that off to see if that fixes it. At times, my elevation is below 0 even though the Columbia river is around 192' where I live. I am riding a bike and not diving.

• I'm pretty sure the bumper has no effect on the altimeter. 

I'll return my 530, I'm pretty sure, as the data is garbage nowadays. 

• The first two weeks my new Garmin 530 was perfect, then it starting behaving weird - showing decreasing elevation while climbing, increasing elevation while descending; halfway longer climbs at some point the elevation would simple stay "stuck", even when the bike's standing still elevation keeps going up (a lot) and down (a lot too) constantly. Without this functionality I can't use the pretty bike computer.

• same issue, bought my 530 september last year , worked perfect until 10 dayas ago, started showing % gradient completely wrong, going at 9-10% I get negatives or 1-2% , any solution from Garmin yet?

• No solution as of yet.... showing me descending on a steep climb. 
    Doesn’t  seem to have a “Use map elevation data” like Suunto or Strava

• Running version 5.50.0.0 on my Edge 530.

Started noticing wrong elevation data for a while but now it is going completely nuts. I live in the Netherlands, everything is flat here.

Got a elevation yesterday of 1286 meters on a 78 km ride. 

Any solution to this, or can I give input to garmin to troubleshoot this issue? Or is my device just broken?