This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Dropout Feedback

We realize how important sensor data is to our customers and how frustrating it can be when there are issues with it. If you are experiencing these issues with sensor drop outs the engineering team would like to understand the following information to help understand the issue.

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
  2. How long into your ride did the issue occur?
  3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
  4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
  5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
    1. What sensors were connected over BLE?
  1. Did you have your phone connected?
    1. Is it Android or iOS?
    2. What version of GCM do you have?
    3. Were you using LiveTrack?
  2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.

Top Replies

All Replies

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using? 3.50
    2. How long into your ride did the issue occur? 35mins
    3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one? Power and cadence can be seen, I cannot tell if HR because it stays the same.
    4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own? Yes, but the dropouts ocurred 10+ times in the ride.
    5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred? Power (specialized 4iiii), Heart rate, and cadence (the one on the power meter.)
      1. What sensors were connected over BLE? None
    1. Did you have your phone connected? Yes
      1. Is it Android or iOS? Android
      2. What version of GCM do you have? 4.2
      3. Were you using LiveTrack? No
    2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible. 3801860977.zip
  • Decided to ride with my phone today for the first time and had my first dropouts since getting the Vector 3 (dual). I disconnected the phone via the menu on the 530 about halfway through the ride hoping it would fix itself, but it did not. 

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using? - 3.50
    2. How long into your ride did the issue occur? - First time apx 15 minutes, but happened throughout the whole ride.
    3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one? Just the right pedal.
    4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own? Yes.
    5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred? Vector 3 dual and HRM
      1. What sensors were connected over BLE? None.
    6. Did you have your phone connected? Yes.
      1. Is it Android or iOS? iOS - iPhone Max XS
      2. What version of GCM do you have? - v 4.20
      3. Were you using LiveTrack? Yes.
    7. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible. - Attached to post.

This is how the L/R balance view looks like. It's easy to see where the right vector pedal dropped out.

3809379100.zip

• In addition to sensor drop out which only have uredd one time with my Edge 530 I also have experienced the following:
    - the puls have freezed to a fixed value 
    - I get a auto pause for about 1 sek before it starts again, The auto stop is so short that data registration seems not to be disturbed

Tomorrow I am planning a long trip in the Norwegian fjords. I will not bring my new 530 and in stead I will be using my old 520 to be sure I don't get any problems with registrations. It should not be like this!!!

This is the planned trip - https://www.strava.com/activities/2490461915

• My “big event” of the year yesterday, the Triple Bypass Ride in Colorado. All sensors dropped about three hours into the event, and despite several power cycles and reset attempts it  recovered for about one minute and dropped all sensors again. In an effort to keep moving with my group I was unable to do any in-depth trouble shooting until the next rest stop. I finally was able to recover after more than an hour without any metrics except speed with another 10 second power button hold reset. This happened to me once before, and that time one reset cured it. Very frustrating to lose all sensors for so long in an event I have been training for since January.  It would have been great to be able to see my heart rate and power numbers during the event and to review my performance afterwards. This device still seems very much to be in a beta release. I wish I hadn’t bought it. PLEASE FIX THIS!

1. Edge software 3.50

2. 3 hours into ride

3. All at once

4. No, Multiple resets required.

5. Stages power meter, Garmin speed sensor, Garmin ant+ heart rate monitor, Shimano Di2 (BLE), iPhone XS.

6. iPhone XS connected. Garmin Connect version 4.20.0.14. Live track was on.

• I have had the same issue as others with all of my sensors freezing/dropping out recording data to the unit.  This has now happened three times and each time has been associated with the unit itself freezing at the end of the ride (requiring a hard reset by holding the power button).  Anecdotally, all three rides have taken place in different locations where the unit has not been able to connect to Wifi on start - not sure if this is contributing to the issue or not.

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using? 3.50
    2. How long into your ride did the issue occur? Approximately 12 miles / 30 minutes
    3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one? All
    4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own? No - not until hard reset of Edge 530
    5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred? Stages Gen3 L, Bontrager Duotrap S Cadence/Speed , Wahoo TICKR Heart rate monitor
      1. What sensors were connected over BLE? None
    1. Did you have your phone connected? Yes
      1. Is it Android or iOS? iOS
      2. What version of GCM do you have? 4.20.0.14
      3. Were you using LiveTrack? No
    2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible. Site won't let me upload a file of that type to the site
  • 1. 4.10

2. 5 miles into a 25 mile ride

3. All

4. No

5. Di2 and P2 pedals

6. Yes, iOS, 4.23.3.4

• 1. 4.10

2. 5 miles into a 25 mile ride

3. all

4. no

5. Di2 and P2 Pedals

6. Yes, iOS, 4.23.3.4, No