This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Dropout Feedback

We realize how important sensor data is to our customers and how frustrating it can be when there are issues with it. If you are experiencing these issues with sensor drop outs the engineering team would like to understand the following information to help understand the issue.

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
  2. How long into your ride did the issue occur?
  3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
  4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
  5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
    1. What sensors were connected over BLE?
  1. Did you have your phone connected?
    1. Is it Android or iOS?
    2. What version of GCM do you have?
    3. Were you using LiveTrack?
  2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.
Parents
  • My “big event” of the year yesterday, the Triple Bypass Ride in Colorado. All sensors dropped about three hours into the event, and despite several power cycles and reset attempts it  recovered for about one minute and dropped all sensors again. In an effort to keep moving with my group I was unable to do any in-depth trouble shooting until the next rest stop. I finally was able to recover after more than an hour without any metrics except speed with another 10 second power button hold reset. This happened to me once before, and that time one reset cured it. Very frustrating to lose all sensors for so long in an event I have been training for since January.  It would have been great to be able to see my heart rate and power numbers during the event and to review my performance afterwards. This device still seems very much to be in a beta release. I wish I hadn’t bought it. PLEASE FIX THIS!

1. Edge software 3.50

2. 3 hours into ride

3. All at once

4. No, Multiple resets required.

5. Stages power meter, Garmin speed sensor, Garmin ant+ heart rate monitor, Shimano Di2 (BLE), iPhone XS.

6. iPhone XS connected. Garmin Connect version 4.20.0.14. Live track was on.

• My “big event” of the year yesterday, the Triple Bypass Ride in Colorado. All sensors dropped about three hours into the event, and despite several power cycles and reset attempts it  recovered for about one minute and dropped all sensors again. In an effort to keep moving with my group I was unable to do any in-depth trouble shooting until the next rest stop. I finally was able to recover after more than an hour without any metrics except speed with another 10 second power button hold reset. This happened to me once before, and that time one reset cured it. Very frustrating to lose all sensors for so long in an event I have been training for since January.  It would have been great to be able to see my heart rate and power numbers during the event and to review my performance afterwards. This device still seems very much to be in a beta release. I wish I hadn’t bought it. PLEASE FIX THIS!

1. Edge software 3.50

2. 3 hours into ride

3. All at once

4. No, Multiple resets required.

5. Stages power meter, Garmin speed sensor, Garmin ant+ heart rate monitor, Shimano Di2 (BLE), iPhone XS.

6. iPhone XS connected. Garmin Connect version 4.20.0.14. Live track was on.

Children
No Data