This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Dropout Feedback

We realize how important sensor data is to our customers and how frustrating it can be when there are issues with it. If you are experiencing these issues with sensor drop outs the engineering team would like to understand the following information to help understand the issue.

1. What version of Edge 530/830 software are you using?
  2. How long into your ride did the issue occur?
  3. Did all of your sensors dropout at once or was it just one?
  4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own?
  5. What sensors did you have connected with the issue occurred?
    1. What sensors were connected over BLE?
  1. Did you have your phone connected?
    1. Is it Android or iOS?
    2. What version of GCM do you have?
    3. Were you using LiveTrack?
  2. Please upload activity .FIT files from this occurred if possible.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have done the same and have the same results.  Is your Edge connected to Garmin Connect on your phone?  I have disabled connectivity.

1. Edge 530 3.2. Indoor training session through TrainerRoad. HRM and PM sensors connected to both TR app and Edge 530. Nothing else was connected.
    2. Multiple times, see FIT file but specifically: 3m12s, 4m10s, 5m39s, 6m16s, 6m54s, 12m 46 and between 25-26mins. Device was on out front mount but as soon as I moved it to the stem mount, there were no issues.
    3. Sometimes the HRM did but more specifically the PM (watts+cadence). The TrainerRoad app did not drop out at the same time and recorded the date during the Edge drop outs.
    4. Yes, though I moved it to stem mount and it picked up data once on there.
    5. Favero Assioma PM, Garmin HRM. I was using the Eite Direto indoor trainer and the Trainer Road app. Data for TR was being collected by an ANT+ dongle through my Mac Computer. BT sensor’s turned off on the phone and Edge 530. Nothing was connected over BT.
    6. No but FWIW, I have an iPhone 7, GCM 4.19.1.1. BT turned off on iPhone and on Edge 530
    7. https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3734398009
  • Looks like your drop out issue might be related to interference, versus the data frozen issue which I think has something to do with the software/hardware on the Edge 530. I have only done one indoor ride with my Edge 530. With my old Edge 520/820, I would occasionally get drop out from power meter (ANT+). This rarely happened outdoor.

• Yes, good point I wasn’t sure. Never had this with the 520 with the same set up. I only get it dropping out/interference indoors, as far as I have seen. I wonder if it’s interference from the trainer and it only happens with the 530 when it’s in a certain location on the bars? Anyway if I do see it on the road, I can post it on here. 

1. Edge 530 SW 3.20
    2. With in seconds of starting a ride.
    3. Stages (Gen 3) Power meter connected with ANT+ disconnected. Garmin HRM connected through Ant+ stayed connected.
    4. Did the sensor connection(s) recover on their own? Power meter did not recover until after the race when I ended the activtity and started another for my cool down.
    5. Stages (Gen 3) and Garmin HRM that came with bundle.
      1. None, because I had the issue before and though maybe it was BLE issues.
    6. Not during the race because my phone was out of range.
      1. Android
      2. What version of GCM do you have? 4.19.1
      3. Were you using LiveTrack? No.
  • Using Edge 530 software 3.2

My issues are a little different but I figured this was still the post for them

Issue 1.When riding through short tunnels (20m road underpass) the GPS signal lost warning goes off. Its almost instant when going into the tunnel. I have to say its amazing how quick the signal must drop and the warning goes off but It would be good for this warning have a small delay. Eg signal loss of 3-5 seconds before warning 

Issue 2. The Bluetooth disconnected and I was unable to get the phone to reconnect. In the end I needed to forget the phone and rename the device and a few other things before I could get it to re-pair.

• Probably not the right thread for your issue.

1. Edge 530 + 3.20
    2. About 16:30. All was ok until I made a short stop.
    3. Only my Stages (PM) stopped. I was not able to reconnect it.
    4. No
    5. Wahoo Tickr HR + Stages (2nd gen)
      1. Not sure 
    1. No
      1. iOS 12
      2. Latest
      3. No
  • 1 - Edge 530 3.20
    2 - Not sure. Didn't get a prompt about the dropout but I noticed a bit after 3h 25m that the the Edge 530 is using GPS for speed. 
    3 - Only had one sensor connected
    4 - No, I had to go into the menu. There, I had to disable and enable the sensor multiple times to get it working. 
    5 - Speed sensor 2 (the new one) paired over ANT
    6 - I honestly do not know. I did pair my phone before the ride, but there are issues with connectivity.
    6a - iOS
    6b - 4.19.1.1
    6c - No
    7 - Can't upload .fit files here. The ID of the activity is 3750299202

• 1. Edge 530 SW 3.20

2. Occurs after coffee stop (seems to have something to do with auto sleep)

3. All sensors dropout (cadance and HRM)

4. Cadance (ANT+) sensor recovers after couple of minutes. HRM freezes (BT). I.e. my heart rate '110' stays on the data field

5. Cadance and HRM

5.a HRM

6. Not sure, because my BT connection is unstable somehow with 530

6a Android

6b 4.19.1

6c No