This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

16.13 Sensor issue Garmin Edge 1040 Solar still present

Hi, 

After update to 16.13 bug is still present in my case.

After wake up from sleep I see sensors but when I hit Ride after 10 - 20 secodns sensor are gone :( 

Best

Tomek

• The issue in this topic is

"After wake up from sleep I see sensors but when I hit Ride after 10 - 20 secodns sensor are gone"

you are talking about some other issue. 

• I haven't had any sensor problems for a while. But today the opposite of the phenomena described here happened to me. After switching on the 1040, my sensors were recognized/paired (fenix 6 & Speedsensor, both ANT+).
    It takes so long before departure that the 1040 has fallen into sleep mode. After waking up, the sensors were gone. The activity had already started and I had to stop it. After switching off and on again, the connection to both sensors worked again.

• No Im not. The timeframe isn't relevant - they are dropping whether its 10-20seconds, a minute or ten minutes.

• I have the same problem with my Edge 1040 Solar on firmware version 16.13 and my sensors: Garmin Run heart rate sensor (the red one) and also with my two Garmin Rally 200 power meter (on its newest firmware 4.1). Both drop (=lose connection) usually some seconds after starting my ride (even though they were connected at first). Usually the drop happens around 20 seconds to a minute into the ride. 

There is no way to reconnect in the same activity. I usually discard the activity, reboot the device and start a new one. In most cases it works then.

I know the problem is the edge and not the sensors as both sensors are also connected to my Forerunner 955 Solar that works flawlessly on the same ride.

What Ive tried so far: I factory reset the Edge *after* installing firmware version 16.13. And when asked during the setup to transfer my settings or my sensors I declined both times and did set up everything fresh. But this does not help. I am still suffering from this problem.

Really frustrating after spending so much money on a device.

Edit: I am in Switzerland and you may contact me.

• we all feel your pain on this issue, with the flagship cycling device from Garmin. Like myself with multiple Garmin devices (hrm/pedals/watch). I have provided debugging log data to Garmin and it would be good to get an update from Garmin on how seriously they are taking this issue. and what the progress is on it.

• We understand the frustration this experience is causing you all and we do apologize for this. We are actively working to address this as quickly as possible, and sincerely appreciate all of the folks who have offered to send us logging and Garmin folders. 

We understand that some users have posted that this is 100% reproducible, but this has not been the case internally which is why it has been necessary to ask for detailed information from many of you. Thanks to information we have gathered from many of you, we have some valuable information that has been very beneficial to the team working on the case. We will make sure to keep you all up to date as more information is available, but we currently can only share that we are still working on this at a high priority. 

• Thanks for the update Maeve - much appreciated. 

• I can reproduce this error with the Garmin 1040 Solar on Version 16.13 when I do the following steps:

1. manually hit the "Start / Pause" button during a ride to pause the activity
    2. turn of the screen while ride is paused with the "Power" button
    3. turn back on the screen with the "Power" button when I want to resume
    4. hit the "Start / Pause" button to continue the ride
    5. Bluetooth HRM and ANT+ power meter won't reconnect after this

I use a power2max NGeco connected via ANT+ and a Polar H9 connected via Bluetooth. Both sensors are not reconnected when I do the steps above. It used to work perfectly on the 1030 Plus and also on the 1040 Solar on previous firmwares, so this bug was introduced with an update.

• Last three days four breakdowns of sensor connection (1040 Solar) with 17.09 and 17.21; no fun...  but restart helped

• anybody having problems with the latest update? 17.21 beta.  Updated to that to try and fix some bugs with ebike ride uploads, and now on my regular road bike the power meter sensor is gone.  I have tried to re-add the power meter, but it will not find it. Changed the battery, same problem. Worked fine on the previous firmware.