This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

16.13 Sensor issue Garmin Edge 1040 Solar still present

Hi, 

After update to 16.13 bug is still present in my case.

After wake up from sleep I see sensors but when I hit Ride after 10 - 20 secodns sensor are gone :( 

Best

Tomek

• since you have 2, can you try switching the modules with the strap and try each? How are you cleaning the straps?

• Of course I did that. I have tried both straps, both sensors. Straps are clean like new. Please, check any of my rides, you will find that after every PAUSE longer that 10-20min, sensor is Comnected (Edge says so, at least) but there is no value, no number, for usually 7-10min, after resuming the ride, or sometimes the real value never apears again (yesterday ride). And also I used to have also 3rd HRM not dual, the same problem 1 month ago.

• Do I have your permission to reach out to you directly?

•  Hi :) Yes of course, I will try help to resolve issue :) Do you need my email ? 

• Same Here :-( third update in a row wich doesnt work with sensors

• If you are experiencing this with sensors and Edge on version 16.13, please reply in this thread:

• Do I have your permission to reach out to you directly?
    • What Country are you in?
  • Today I went back to Firmware 14.50 because i have no time for more  Beta Testing.

Ill try a newer firmware in some weeks or months when it works.

Thanks

• I bought the Standard 1040 with sensors package last year.

Upon turning it on today, the first ride of the season, the latest firmware 16.13 was offered, so I accepted.

After the reboot I started a new ride, but the sensors didn't show up, and I tried to add them while the ride mode was active, but the sensors couldn't be acquired, so I continued my ride to the hill top. Once there I saved my ride and turned off the Edge 1040.

I bought the Wind Field app, and it was present and worked fine via Garmin Connect and my Pixel 7 Pro.

I restarted the Edge 1040, and immediately added the sensors, which was successful.

I started another ride, and the sensors were there this time, and they stayed active for the ride back home. Yay!

With my Edge 1030 Plus in ride mode it could acquire previously installed sensors as they became active, IIRC.

• Hi Team,

same issue for me. I noticed the other day that my speed sensor wasn’t pairing. I checked the battery, and it seemed low, but not terrible. I changed the battery anyway, and the next ride, the speed sensor was back, but vector 3 stopped. The vector 3 had initially paired, but failed during calibration, and that was it, wouldn’t connect after that. 
    Radar, speed, cadence and HRM were working. 
    I upgraded to 16.13, but it’s still not seeing the Vector 3. 
    On startup, the Vector 3 flashes green a few times and then stops flashing. It’s as if  the vector 3 thinks it’s connected, but the Edge doesn’t. 
    I used a blue tooth monitor on my phone, and it could see the vector 3 and the battery status was good. The 1040 was using Ant to communicate with Vector 3. 
    no amount of power cycles of the 1040 seem to help connecting. 

• Update:  I removed Vector 3 from my 1040.  Repaired, and it was found.  
    Let's see how tomorrow morning's ride goes...   Fingers crossed