This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct solar freezes

Hi,

Since the last update of the firmware (I have now version 11), my instinct solar keeps freezing up. Sometimes, the main watchface is hours behind the actual time and a click of a button "wakes it up" and it shows the correct time, but mostly I need to soft-reset it and of course lose everything that I did on that day.

This did not happen with earlier firmwares but now happens more and more... :-/

I did not set any "power saving mode" nor do I have set the "automated key lock" (I hope this is the right name for it, I am using a german UI).

It almost always happens over night. Two days ago, at 630 AM the display read 445 AM. Today at 755 AM it reads 230 AM (and BTW I did not wear the watch last night as it was charging...) 

I was a very happy customer, but now I am really starting to lose confidence in the watch.

And yes, I have restarted the watch quite a few times ;-)

Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

Do I have to revert to a prior version of the firmware? And if so how do I do this and where do I get this firmware from? 

*Any* help is greatly appreciated! 

Cheers.

Pascal

• , if I remember correctly, it is possible to trigger the update manually by going to: MENU -> Settings -> System -> Software Update. New .GCD files appear as updates there, so you can install them yourself.

I have tried this only with newer versions, so I am not sure if it is the same with older ones, but you can give it a try.

• Just copied the file once more, disconnected from the PC and went to MENU -> Settings -> System -> Software Update.

The only thing there was the ability to turn ON/OFF "Auto Updates" (which was turned OFF). Nothing else...

• Oh, ok. Maybe this can not be used for older versions.

• Well... Once more, nothing happend...

If you own Instinct Solar and are trying to install the firmware from the link you posted earlier, then it is not surprising. It is firmware for the standard Instinct (non-solar), and I do not think it can work for Instinct Solar.

• Oh... Darn!

THANKS for making me aware of that!!

Do you know where I could find the corresponding download for the Instinct Solar? I wasn't able to find something similar...

• Ooooook.... So, you actually pointed me to the right issue.

As soon as I used the proper GCD-File the Update was recognized and I was able to proceed...

MANY THANKS!

So now, I am back on 10.10 and we will see how the watch fares.

• Ok, so three days and counting without freezing!

Whatever it is that creates the issue in 11.0, reverting 10.10 solves it!

THANKS for the support in the board and !

Cheers,
    Pascal

• Arrgghh... This morning at 6:30 AM the watch face showed 2:20 AM... Frozen again. Had to click up and down to get the right time displayed...

So it's back to square one... Reverting to version 10.10 doesn't seem to help...

Does anybody kow the version of the Firmware originally installed on the Instinct Solar? And where I could I download it from?

: I think we should remove the "Question answered" flag on your post as reverting to 10.10 didn't help... :-/

• Just a guess ... Is it a problem caused by "power saving"?

My Instinct Solar is a Traditional Chinese one and the most updated firmware version is just 10.00, and I also have encountered this problem twice. When the first time I noticed the problem, the time was one minute behind. The second time, I noticed that the hour was not updated (one hour behind).

I have this guess because I found that when there was no movement for a while, the "second" was hidden. It appeared again when i moved the watch. Therefore I thought that the watch would update the display less often when there was no movement, hence power could be saved. But sometimes the display was not updated even when the time changed, and this is unbearable.