This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct solar freezes

Hi,

Since the last update of the firmware (I have now version 11), my instinct solar keeps freezing up. Sometimes, the main watchface is hours behind the actual time and a click of a button "wakes it up" and it shows the correct time, but mostly I need to soft-reset it and of course lose everything that I did on that day.

This did not happen with earlier firmwares but now happens more and more... :-/

I did not set any "power saving mode" nor do I have set the "automated key lock" (I hope this is the right name for it, I am using a german UI).

It almost always happens over night. Two days ago, at 630 AM the display read 445 AM. Today at 755 AM it reads 230 AM (and BTW I did not wear the watch last night as it was charging...) 

I was a very happy customer, but now I am really starting to lose confidence in the watch.

And yes, I have restarted the watch quite a few times ;-)

Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

Do I have to revert to a prior version of the firmware? And if so how do I do this and where do I get this firmware from? 

*Any* help is greatly appreciated! 

Cheers.

Pascal

• I encountered this problem again. The video was taken at 20:02. The hour part did not refresh when the time changed from 19:59 to 20:00. The minute part was normal. This problem most likely occurred when Battery Saver mode was on.

I don't think this is a hardware issue. Maybe a firmware upgrade may resolve this problem.

• Have had this issue twice since the update to 11. Has not bothered me a ton as force rebooting the watch fixes it for me and has happened only twice. I won't downgrade the firmware but rather wait for new/beta firmware with a fix. 

• I have the same issue after v11.

It normally happens when i take my watch of for cooking or something else, and if i don't use it again for a while (not sure how much time), when i pick it up the clock is behind.

If a press down and up, the clock updates, and the heart rate measure starts working, but there are thins that only recover after a reboot on the watch, including:

• Heart Rate History
    • Solar Intesity History
    • Weather Info
  • I have a non-solar Instinct but I've noticed this problem running 11.00. Sometimes it'll go a day or two without locking up but it inevitably happens. I've rolled the firmware back to 10.10 to see if that alleviates the issue. I suspect that it likely has something to do with the beta firmware as I didn't have this problem before and I've had the watch for close to a year.

• I also have the same problem since upgrading to v11. Has anyone found a good solution? Or is downgrading the only way to solve this?

• Try installing the latest beta v11.76 - so far no reports of freezing with it.

• Hi,

at least for me it seems to have helped finally. I haven't had any freeze the last two weeks after having rolled back to 10.10.

• Same here, been over a week on 10.10 and zero stability issues. I'll stick to this firmware until something a little more stable is released that isn't beta.

• Thank you to everyone that has posted to this thread and continues to research the freezing issue.

If you continue to experience your Instinct Solar freezing after going to v11.00 software, please consider installing the v11.76 Beta software update now available that trux just mentioned above.

Instinct Solar v11.76 Beta Software Thread