This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin ECG

Ok, now it's official but looks like Fenix is missing hardware to support it Disappointed

www.garmin.com/.../

• Next post: hardware for ECG will be added with the next firmware upgrade Rofl

• 100% muppet. He jumps on everything desperate for clicks. DCR waits for verification at least

• Ive seen multiple comments from you the last several months about how dissapointed you are with the Fenix 7..  May i ask why you still wear it ?

When you bought the watch you knew ecg function wasnt on it, so why are you dissapointed? 

• We paid a watch 1200 Euros and now this function is on VENUS watch... Will not spend more monney on Garmin next time, I will go with Apple Watch ultra or even COROS (chepaer). Fed up having functions like aviation on Tactics, ECG on Venus... Garmin is condescendant with its consumers

• Even if you had all the fuctions, you'd still find a reason to complain. Grinning

• We paid a watch 1200 Euros and now this function is on VENUS watch...

And how exactly do you imagine Garmin could make the ECG working on a watch, when the watch does not have the necessary sensor? All Garmin watch models use optical sensors for the HR recording. ECG uses electrical sensors, and having an expensive watch won't help in any way.

Currently only the newest Venu 2 Plus has the necessary hardware. The next generation of Fenix will certainly have it too. That's called evolution. Or development.

• Look at the patent application and you will see that there are several possible systems.

• Look at the patent application and you will see that there are several possible systems.

ECG (ElectroCardioGram), by definition cannot be done with an optical sensor. You need electrodes. I do not exclude that detecting AFIB may be possible without the ECG, but so far I do not see anything like that in the ECG Validation Study or elsewhere. It only tells "Garmin ECG software algorithm can detect and classify atrial fibrillation and normal sinus rhythm on single lead ECG data derived from a Garmin wrist-worn, consumer device." They do not tell that devices with old optical sensors are capable of it. They ony tell it is possible with wrist-worn devices. And that's exactly what Venu 2 Plus is.

• I agree, I'm not talking about the optical sensor but the patent for the ecg... 

• Well, they certainly tried but probably failed with the standard ringless design (as with the og Venu 2's ECG prototype).