Dear, Garmin, please read in regards to sleep mode on Fenix 7

Dear, Garmin, please make sleep mode to activate only when the watch determines you are actually sleeping like on Fenix 6 series and not like it is now as it activates based on times you set that you sleep. The schedule changes all the time and with series 6 it was never a problem but with series 7 as soon as the watch hits the set before sleep time for the day it stops activating wrist gesture and notifications backlight and there is no control over it. Please adjust it in the next beta. 

• s, but, I need my watch on some ocasions to stay in DND for 24 hours or more and Sleep Mode with its schedule function will turn it Off when the schedule ends or Off when it begins, depending on the DND settings in Sleep Mode :)

exactly, this i what i would like to - to be able to leave it in "DND" for as long as i like. my F6 often was in DND for days. when i would expect an important call or notification i would turn off DND that day, to make sure i get it as a silent alarm on the wrist...

for me it would help if coming out of sleep mode would just set the same DND status as before: if it was on before sleep leave it on, if it was off before sleep turn it off. can't be so hard to implement.

• Totally agree, just give us the option to turn this sleep mode nightmare off.. 

• I'm an international cargo pilot and recently purchased the watch.  I love everything about it so far,  EXCEPT, for the inability to disable sleep mode.  It comes on automatically based on the schedule input for that day(s).  As a pilot I sleep random times , random days, or sometimes not at all.  I'm constantly having to turn off sleep mode and it's aggravated me enough to post this.  

For me personally, I'd like disable sleep mode until I turn it on, or otherwise an option to ignore the sleep schedule or erase it so as to not become a nuisance.  I've been reading blogs and threads and this has not been addressed.  Thank you.

• I worked it around with this:  "I know I'm battling for same (here and via the Feature Request) but again just assign a key combination to enable disable it is half a second for the hours you need."

You can also set it i.e. to 1 minute 00:00-00:01, or...wait like me for a software update. 

• Thanks for the work arounds man.  I am also waiting for a software update.  I am now setting it to one minute as well.  For such a complex watch, it's silly I have to do such a thing, a simply disable button would be great , as I'd like to take advantage of it with my time at home.

• Same thing here, very annoying. Even my old Forerunner 235 was doing this right (somehow determining if I start to sleep and turning on sleep mode - DND).

Please give users an option, e.g. to switch to the old behaviour vs new one.

• +

why they still can't add a turn off schedule!? it is so stupid.

• I need a higher backlight when I want to load a customer card about a store, for example. It doesn't mean that if 5% is enough for you, that others too...