Dear, Garmin, please read in regards to sleep mode on Fenix 7

Dear, Garmin, please make sleep mode to activate only when the watch determines you are actually sleeping like on Fenix 6 series and not like it is now as it activates based on times you set that you sleep. The schedule changes all the time and with series 6 it was never a problem but with series 7 as soon as the watch hits the set before sleep time for the day it stops activating wrist gesture and notifications backlight and there is no control over it. Please adjust it in the next beta. 

• Same here, I got a lot of replies that sleep tracking isn't affected and silly workarounds that include setting it to 1 minute, including from Garmin support, all while the main issue is the Sleep Mode Schedule, which interferes with other functions (DND, Touch, Backlight and so on).

In my case it all started from not being able to have the watch in DND mode for 24 hours straight. Sleep Mode toggles it on or off when the Sleep Mode Schedule ends/starts, depending on the settings in Sleep Mode.

There should be a way to disable Sleep Mode, maybe a toggle button in the Sleep Schedule for each day. On/Off, if it is set to On then you can set the schedule for that day, if it is set to offthen Sleep Mode will do nothing on that day.

• Exactly. Unfortunately I find myself again busy with forums and searches for fixes since I have got the F7.... I'm so annoyed...I should have waited a few more months before switching from F6 to F7...I have a list of "dislikes"...

• But why dim the backlight? When do you need more that the lowest brightness? For me if its dark enough that I can't read my watch 5% is fine to see it. And when its bright enough that I can't see the 5% backlight it's bright enough to read the watch without it anyway.

Wifi does not matter, it's only active after saving an activities (or triggered manually) and even then only if there is no BT connection active.

BT auto off for the night, yea maybe, still probably not much of a difference on battery. I personally only use BT if I'm busy, expecting important messages and can't or don't want to reach for my phone. I never use it at home where I can just watch my phones screen on incoming stuff.

DND irrelevant for me since the phone is not connected anyway.

That battery saver watch face, yes I'm thinking about if I should test that, but again, how much would that save anyway?

But yes additionally entering a battery saver mode by hotkey independent of the sleep schedule could be interesting.

• It is great that many users are fine with the scheduling related to the sleep mode, but it still not solve the problem for users who has problems with it. So I really do not get why people are trying to argue that it ok not to have option to turn it off, as it still would be anything away from your guys if it can be turned off.

Especially when people are commenting and then stating thinks like " But yes additionally entering a battery saver mode by hotkey independent of the sleep schedule could be interesting." which indicates that these user have not even tried to read the manual or use the hotkey, as this is available there.

• Yes...many try to justify why at Garmin don't have implemented a simply On/Off (like it is for DND).

I hope it'll be part of any upcoming beta (I'll update today first time from 7.x to 8.x beta but it's not the in Log).

• I have same issue. If you want to use the watch in the sleep window it’s just shows a simple watch face.  I set the sleep window to one minute to minimize this.

• You can turn off the minimal watchface. 

• System / sleep mode / display design: don't change 

• People work shifts, lots of us! This does not mean a regular life in any sense of the phrase, there is zero schedule aside from the one that month, changing every day sometimes. The OP has a legit point.