Dear, Garmin, please read in regards to sleep mode on Fenix 7

Dear, Garmin, please make sleep mode to activate only when the watch determines you are actually sleeping like on Fenix 6 series and not like it is now as it activates based on times you set that you sleep. The schedule changes all the time and with series 6 it was never a problem but with series 7 as soon as the watch hits the set before sleep time for the day it stops activating wrist gesture and notifications backlight and there is no control over it. Please adjust it in the next beta. 

• Hi,
    The biggest problem is the scheduled rest/sleep timing which destroy the whole user experience, so how that can be turned of?

• Hi,
    The biggest problem is the scheduled rest/sleep timing which destroy the whole user experience, so how that can be turned off?

• Hi,

I reached out to Garmin Support regarding this Sleep Mode function, basically there is no way to disable it permanently.

In each of their replies they just told me to turn it off manually after it turns on automatically. When I explained again that it interferes with the DND function in unwanted ways they no longer replied.

The issue I encountered was this:

I leave my watch on DND until I pick it up, because I don't want it buzzing for each notification (yes, I can turn off Smart Notifications but it's more complicated to do it each time, I also want my watch to receive them but not buzz when it's not on my wrist).

The Sleep Mode Schedule turns off DND automatically when it ends, if DND is set to On in Sleep Mode. If I set it to Off in Sleep Mode while DND is tuned On (main DND function on the watch), Sleep Mode will turn it Off during the Sleep Mode Schedule.

There should be an option to disable the Sleep Mode, or better yet, to have the option to select during which days it should be on/off, where you could simply toggle each day on or off an set the schedule for it.

• HI,

Thank you for the update.

Really poor approach from Garmin.

Especially as this worked really well on 5X (you were to disable the scheduled mode just ignoring it on initial Connect setup phase), I wear the watch almost all the time and I do not have a steady sleep schedule, also I do want to be able to read the book on bed and seeing the messages on the watch and just before going to sleep turn the sleeping mode on. 

Now the scheduled mode mess this whole thing up by forcing different setting on and off. (Yes I know the stupid workaround having 1 minute sleeping time during the day).

I hope that Garmin reads this as I really do hope that you enable possibility to turn the schedule totally off !!!

I have now being quite close to sell the 7X and get back to 5X.

• Guys I'm new to F7 and getting mad with sleep mode. I want to disable it fully! When I go to bed I just enable power saver that shuts off everything except HR for sleep tracking.

Not possible? 

• My sleepwindow is set to 23:00 - 7:00.

The watch has no problem detecting me sleeping from 20:00 - 05:00 or 00:00 - 09:00 or stuff in between. Yes my part of my sleep will always hit the sleepwindow, I don't sleep during the day, I don't have that kind of a job but this works really good here. If I had to press a button everyday I would probably just not use it.

• Thanks! My point has nothing to do with sleep tracking, that's OK. It's the sleep window to enable the sleep model like dimming the retro light etc.. I simply want to disable that... And there is no Enable Disable button. So in your case what if at midnight you are still awake? It'd have changed something at 23.00 for you while you don't want. Or like for me this morning at 7.00 I was sleeping and it disabled sleep mode and the touch once active made a mess etc... This is what I dont like. 

• Ok I don't do much of settings changes at night, just because it's not fix for me. Backlight is always at 5%, only thing I set to disable in the sleep window is touch, but that reenables after one scroll action with the button if needed.

• A lot of people seem to think this is related to the "Sleep Detection" and recording of the watch, which it is not.

Maybe GARMIN should not call this mode "Sleep Mode" but rename it to "Do Not Disturb Mode".
    - Rename the watchface to DND
    - Rename DND to "Notifications"

This would possibly stop the confusion.

A way to disable this mode would make sense.

• Fully agree. In fact people reply to me referring to sleep tracking (that's pretty ok and automatic) while I really mean Sleep Mode time schedule (that drives some setup changes like DND, backlight, etc...). This is the mode Garmin should allow to Enable/Disable (so one can manually enable it when needed..it can be configured to enable DND, to dim the backlight, and for me important also enables the Battery Saver that I configured to cut the WiFi, BT etc... during the night).