Dear, Garmin, please read in regards to sleep mode on Fenix 7

Dear, Garmin, please make sleep mode to activate only when the watch determines you are actually sleeping like on Fenix 6 series and not like it is now as it activates based on times you set that you sleep. The schedule changes all the time and with series 6 it was never a problem but with series 7 as soon as the watch hits the set before sleep time for the day it stops activating wrist gesture and notifications backlight and there is no control over it. Please adjust it in the next beta. 

• Sleep mode on a 6 is identical to that in a 7, they're have always been defined sleep periods, so not sure what you're on about.

• No sure about 6 but at least on 5X you were able to skip the schedule fully and could use it manually.
    If it was like this on the 6 like it is now on 7 then it is even more stupid that they have not fixed it.

• Exactly, on 6X I had no issues with it, there was a way to skip it. On 7X there is no way to turn Sleep Mode permanently Off.

• Finally I did the following: on 01:00 off 08.00 with Battery Saver which enables as well. Battery saver i configured it to switch off everything except HR for allowing sleep tracking to work (I wear it 24h).dobt confuse sleep mode with sleep tracking BTW.

This is super efficient.

When I want to enable it earlier or disable it later I configured hot keys for that. 

• Ok, but there are other issues with Sleep Mode (not sleep tracking), since you can't disable it, permanently, it will interfere with the main DND function.

For example you can't set the watch on DND for 24 hours straight. Sleep Mode will change it automatically when it starts and when it ends. If DND in Sleep Mode settings is set to Off, it will turn Off DND during that Sleep Mode Schedule, which sucks if you want DND to be On, if you have it set to On in Sleep Mode it will turn it On and when the Schedule ends it will turn it Off, which again sucks if you want to have it On after the schedule.

It would be good to be able to turn off Sleep Mode.

• Actually Sleep Mode is confusing since garmin could have called it DND! You can try  my method and leave DND off. I don't receive anything in Sleep Mode (I use it during meetings sometimes, quickly enable it with key combination). 

• Yes, but, I need my watch on some ocasions to stay in DND for 24 hours or more and Sleep Mode with its schedule function will turn it Off when the schedule ends or Off when it begins, depending on the DND settings in Sleep Mode :)

• That’s fair enough but what some of us need is NO schedule, let there just be an option to not set one, that’s all. A button saying “going to sleep now”

• I know I'm battling for same (here and via the Feature Request) but again just assign a key combination to enable disable it is half a second for the hours you need. 

• Let's hope it gets implemented.

In my case, for now, I disabled Smart Notifications and I just turn them on when I wear the watch, if needed. But this is a silly workaround.

I've also requested it and I've also contacted Garmin Support to see if there is any way to turn off Sleep Mode , permanently not just set a schedule for it (just in case I missed something).

Got the same standard reply that Sleep Tracking isn't affected by the Sleep Mode being On or Off, which was not what I asked. Eventually after explaining the situation with DND again and again, I asked, again, if there is a way to turn Sleep Mode Off and have it permanently Off or if there are any plans from them to implement this, Garmin Support stopped replying. So, I guess the answer is no.

Of course we could manually turn it On or Off, same as I do with the notifications, but that's kind of a pain in the... If I leave the watch on my desk for 1-2 days, I don't want it buzzing for each notification, it's a lot faster to turn on DND than turning Off Smart Notifications, apart from that if I forget it on DND when I put it on my wrist, I still get the notifications, but if I turn them Off and forget about them, nothing gets through :(

Ideally being able to turn On/Off Sleep Mode for each day, along with setting the schedule would solve a lot of issues with Sleep Mode. A bonus, for me at least, would be to have a new option for the watch to show notifications only when it's on the wrist, and for those that still need them when the watch is not on the wrist, this option could be turned off.