If You Cannot Sign-Up For Our Public Beta Program - Post in this thread

If you receive an error when signing-up to our Public Beta Software Program, please post in this thread. We are able to resolve most sign-up issues.

When posting in this thread, you can also flag me using the @ symbol followed by Garmin-Laurie.

Please note: If your Fenix 6 or Tactix Delta series watch is the SE Asia/APAC version, you will not be able to sign-up your watch due to unique aspects of your watch software.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello @Xtine-Hartert

I am sorry you are having trouble with this. I am not seeing an issues preventing you from signing up. So you should be able to do this by following these steps: 

1. Remove your watch from your Connect Mobile APP. The process automatically removes your watch from Garmin Connect and the Beta Software Program.
    2. Bluetooth pair your watch through your Connect Mobile APP.
    3. Go to your Garmin Connect web account and sign-up for the Beta Software Program here.
    4. You should then be able to download the newest Beta software.

Keep in mind, the latest BETA software version 16.18 is "check for updates" only. So once you are added to the BETA program, you will need to navigate to Menu, System, then Software Update, And select Check for Updates to install this. 

• Hello @Garmin-Laurie,

I want to sign-up for the beta software program (to be able to use SURFR) however can't choose it on the Garmin Connect web account.

I deleted the Fenix 6X pro from the app and reconnected as explained below, without succes.

Do you have other tips?

Thanks

• Hi @Garmin-Laurie 

I am having the problem of not being able to sign up for the Public Beta Program as I cannot see the button mentioned in the instructions. What do I need to provide to obtain help?

Thanks.

• I am sorry to hear you are having trouble signing up for the BETA program. Since I am not seeing any obvious reason why this is not working, I will reach out to you via Private message. Be sure you have also tried the steps mentioned above:

1. Remove your watch from your Connect Mobile APP. The process automatically removes your watch from Garmin Connect and the Beta Software Program.
    2. Bluetooth pair your watch through your Connect Mobile APP.
    3. Go to your Garmin Connect web account and sign-up for the Beta Software Program here.
    4. You should then be able to download the newest Beta software.
  • Hello ,

I have been able to enroll to beta version (when I am connected to Garmin Connect I can see the orange sign "enrolled beta version" next to my Fenix 6 Sapphire).

But I am waiting for more than 2 days and it is still on Version 26.00. And it says it's up to date.

When I go to System / Software update / I have Auto update = on.

And nothing else, could you please help ?

Thanks a lot

• I have the same problem with my 6S Pro Solar, I don't see the beta updates. Still in 26.00

• But I am waiting for more than 2 days and it is still on Version 26.00. And it says it's up to date.
    I have the same problem with my 6S Pro Solar, I don't see the beta updates. Still in 26.00

All BETA software updates for the Fenix 6 have been set to "Check for Updates" or "Side Load".

• To Check for Updates, you will navigate in the watch to the software updates: Menu, System, Soft Updates, Check for Updates. If there is a new release available, you will be able to install this. 
    • To Side Load a BETA update, you will locate the update files here: Fenix 6 BETA announcement forum threads. You will need to connect to a Windows computer, and manually copy the update files onto the watch. 

The newest update available is "Side Load" version 26.92. Update and instructions can be found here: BETA side Load version 26.92

We are in rolling out the "Check for Updates" BETA version 26.93. So this may soon be available to you as well. 

• Hello I enrolled the beta program days ago and I never got a confirmation email neither a new update for my Fenix 6X pro

• I enrolled the beta program days ago and I never got a confirmation email neither a new update for my Fenix 6X pro

I do see you are successfully BETA enrolled. All BETA software updates for the Fenix 6 have been set to "Check for Updates" or "Side Load". This means we will not contact you with an update available. You instead will check for updates in the watch, or manually install this. 

• To Check for Updates, you will navigate in the watch to the software updates: Menu, System, Soft Updates, Check for Updates. If there is a new release available, you will be able to install this. 
    • To Side Load a BETA update, you will locate the update files here: Fenix 6 BETA announcement forum threads. You will need to connect to a Windows computer, and manually copy the update files onto the watch. 

The newest update available is "Side Load" version 26.92. Update and instructions can be found here: BETA side Load version 26.92

We are in rolling out the "Check for Updates" BETA version 26.93. So this may soon be available to you as well.