Constant bluetooth disconnection on Android 14 Beta

My Pixel 7 Pro updated to the latest Android 14 Beta a couple of days ago. Ever since, my Fenix 6 Pro can't hold a connection to it.

It connects ok, syncs, but then 10 mins later I get a notification on my phone that the watch wants to connect again, enter passcode, reconnect. Cycle continues like this...

Anyone else with this issue?

• have the same issue. Although I have the official Android 14 on my Pixel 7 Pro and I have the Forerunner 935 and it has been a mess with the syncing... As soon as I go out of range, it won't sync anymore or push notifications. To make it work again I have to unpair it, and pair it back with a full setup. 

This is nuts.

I have tried to reset the BT, and the app Connect has unrestricted access to my phone/battery power.

Help!

• To make it work again I have to unpair it, and pair it back with a full setup.

Have you tried just force closing the Connect app and optionally clearing the cache too?

This normally works for me when my f6X wanders off into the weeds.

As soon as I go out of range, it won't sync anymore or push notifications.

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices connected to your Pixel 7 Pro?

I also have two other older Garmin watches that are always connected and also most days a Bluetooth headphones and/or speaker so the Bluetooth radio on my Pixel 7 Pro is always active. I am wondering if, to extend battery life, Android is powering down the Bluetooth radio when the watch goes out of range and no other devices are connected. The Connect app is perhaps not responding properly to the Bluetooth change of state.

Try changing the battery usage for Bluetooth and Bluetooth Legacy to Unrestricted.

• Hello, thank you for your reply!

Have you tried just force closing the Connect app and optionally clearing the cache too?

This normally works for me when my f6X wanders off into the weeds.

Tried it, no good

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices connected to your Pixel 7 Pro?

I also have two other older Garmin watches that are always connected and also most days a Bluetooth headphones and/or speaker so the Bluetooth radio on my Pixel 7 Pro is always active. I am wondering if, to extend battery life, Android is powering down the Bluetooth radio when the watch goes out of range and no other devices are connected. The Connect app is perhaps not responding properly to the Bluetooth change of state.

Nope. Only when I run, I will have my Bluetooth Pixel Buds Pro activated. 

Try changing the battery usage for Bluetooth and Bluetooth Legacy to Unrestricted

Already set to Unrestricted.

So again, it all began once I installed that freaking Android 14 OS. Everything was going so well with 13. So now I have a useless 300$ watch that doesn't send me any notifications unless I unpair it, and set it up again for it to work for a little moment until it falls out of reach of my phone, and it will become stuck again. 

It sees the watch, it is connected, it monitors my heartbeats and foot steps etc, but will not sync my jogging anymore nor send me notifications (yes, the permissions are set to ALL IN, the whole nine yards.)

thanks again for all your help.

• I have this same problem with my new Pixel 8 Pro running Android 14. Watch is a Garmin D2 Charlie. 

I am able to sync and connect, notifications work initially then shortly later I stop getting them although. The app says watch is connected but is not actually working. Can confirm by going to "find my watch' in the app and I receive an error saying cannot find/not connected. 

All my permissions are set and battery usage is set to unrestricted. Very annoying I hope this gets fixed soon.

• Ahh dang!

This is so dumb. 
    I've tried everything possible. I've even factory reset my watch, uninstalled the app and reinstalled everything. It worked for like 10 minutes, as soon as I went downstair and came back, I had lost contact for a little bit, so the synchronization was gone again.

All the troubleshooting you guys are suggesting is great, but none are working. Trust me. Spent too much time on that this since last week

This is 100% an issue with Garmin Connect not being compatible with the official release of Android 14. 

• I've had this problem before (same phone btw) and I don't think it's related to the Android version update at all. For me it started happened after a Garmin Connect app update actually, and I downgraded to an older version to solve it. But I then updated to a latter version again and the problem did not reappear. So maybe clearing Garmin Connect app data is enough.

My guess is that something goes wrong and the app forgets the paired watch for whatever reason.

edit: it's not happening currently on the stable android 14 release to me. As you said you already tried to reinstall the app, maybe try insalling an older version instead?

• Ohhhh. I haven't tried that, prolly the only thing I haven't done. 

So desperate that I'm now using my old crummy Fitbit Sense and I was contemplating going Samsung instead of Pixel phone. 

Which version did you downgraded to? 

Thank you for the tips!

• And no, clearing, cleaning, deleting, reinstall, factory reset, nothing as worked so far .. nothing. :(

• Try to check this site for Android specific settings 

https://dontkillmyapp.com/

• Uhh, good question. It was back in march, so I guess a version from somewhen back from february 2023 should do.