6x Pro Charge Pin Corrosion

Hello,

10 month old 6x Pro that has started to be problematic when charging. I have to place the charge cable a certain way or the watch wont charge. Today, I took a macro picture of the pins and noticed the corrosion in the picture. I contacted support and they gave instructions on how to clean. It looks a little better, but I'm sure this is corrosion. I have a 3 year old 5x and no such issue.
How do I get a replacement?

Thanks!

After cleaning

• Hi,

From what I can see in the picture, your pins don't look too corroded, just very dirty.

I had charging problems sometime back and finished up using Isopropyl and cotton buds cleaned by spraying cotton bud and rubbing firmly along the contacts and it worked, charging no longer an issue. Clean the cable connection contacts as well.

To prevent the watch contacts getting dirty again, I purchased some silicone covers that press over watch contact and so I didn't loose the silicone plug I used some fishing line to tie back to the watch band pin.

Cheerz ;^)

• The cotton buds I used were cosmetic tips, one end is pointy, other end rounded but flat and the bud is wound quite tightly.

• Many have advised against using these covers. They cause more harm than good. Moisture and mold grows under and damages the contacts. 

Its best to wash the contacts after a workout. Use a brush or cloth/sponge with something like dishwashing soap should be enough.

I've had 3 fenix watches now. Dealt with the contacts issues a few times. Just need to wash/rinse after a run or workout. 

• Hi,

I suppose I can get away with using the silicone plugs because my GF6XPS never sees water and is taken off when I shower.

Cheerrz :^)

Many have advised against using these covers. They cause more harm than good. Moisture and mold grows under and damages the contacts. 
  • for example: www.aliexpress.com/.../4001065488086.html

I use one like this for more than 6 months. I think it does help. I do take it off and make sure it's dry after being in the water.

• Drying/keeping contacts dry is ultra important. I never saw corrosion on the pins on the watch, but on the charging cable, one of the outer pins was completely green. (it cleaned off nicely and the cable works again)  Moisture can remain in the port on the watch for a long time and lead to electrical corrosion of the contacts on the cable and/or watch while you are charging it. So I'm going to try a charging port plug to keep it dry.

• Drying/keeping contacts dry is ultra important.

It's just important to remove the watch to dry contacts after showering, swimming etc. as the trapped moisture between back and wrist and watch will cause corrosin to the charge contacts.

So I'm going to try a charging port plug to keep it dry.

I've been using the silicone plugs for a few years now after my 1st 6XPS started having charging issues because the contacts had a film on them, probably combination of body oil and salt after water dried.

Since using the silicone plug, no issues at all but I still clean every month or two with cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol.

Cheerz ;^)

• One of the charging pins on my Fenix 6X Pro Solar Titanium have had different colour than the other three. Since I bought it. Charging have been a little bit problematic all the time but if I twist the cable connector half way around it works better.

• Try rubbing a cotton bud with Isopropyl Alcohol over the contacts, should clean off any contaminate, don't forget to clean the cable contacts as well.

Cheerz ;^)

One of the charging pins on my Fenix 6X Pro Solar Titanium have had different colour than the other three. Since I bought it. Charging have been a little bit problematic all the time but if I twist the cable connector half way around it works better.
  • I have cleaned the pins many times but it looks like one of them is miscoloured in some way. Will try to take a macro photo later and show how it looks. Maybe its a manufacturing problem with one of the pins?