6x Pro Charge Pin Corrosion

Hello,

10 month old 6x Pro that has started to be problematic when charging. I have to place the charge cable a certain way or the watch wont charge. Today, I took a macro picture of the pins and noticed the corrosion in the picture. I contacted support and they gave instructions on how to clean. It looks a little better, but I'm sure this is corrosion. I have a 3 year old 5x and no such issue.
How do I get a replacement?

Thanks!

After cleaning

• The one pin that gets discolored is the +5 or the 0, it's an electrical-chemical thing, maybe someone else can explain it better. The pins are coated copper, one tiny little surface defect can start the corroding process, esp. as the terminals on the watch get exposed to salt from sweat. It is not a big deal, but it impairs conductivity so you have to clean it off from time to time. The watch charging port is easy to clean, but the charging cable connector is more challenging.

• After each activities, i put my watch WHR side directly on handkerchief/or thick towel to absorb sweat/water, for 30mn to an hour.

No problem here, 3 years old F6Pro.

• The pins on my Fenix 6 pro are basically cactus and I can longer connect it via USB to my computer, and have trouble charging. They have basically lost all of their copper colour. So frustrating.

• I bought transparent charge port covers and saw moisture creeping in along the edges after exercise, so I will not be using them because they seem to make things worse. I could not get my two corroded data cables to reliably work again, so I got a new one. Garmin brand because the no-brand ones I got from Amazon looked OK but they did not fit, probably these were made slightly out of spec.