This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Golf Distance Auto Shot Banner Issues after v23.00 Software

Since the update to the latest Software on my fenix 6 (v23) the golf distance banner at the top of the screen has been replaced by a hole number and the par of the hole

I really like this feature how do I get it back ,

• Another round. Shot 1 nothing. Hard reset. Shot 2 detected and continued to end of round. 

• When you say hard reset, do you mean power cycling the watch or an actual complete reset as accessed via the system menu? I've had success by ending the round, power cycling and then it works.

Until they fix this problem I'm gonna turn the watch on at the range and see if it registers a shot, if not I'll power cycle.

What a pain and poor QA by Garmin!

• Apologies. I do mean power cycle, but the hold light for 10 seconds or so power cycle. Also unsure if that is same or different to selecting power from the menu.

When it first happened I did a complete reset of everything too which at least isn't required now. But as you say you just want to rock up and play.

• Perfect, exactly what I started doing last week.

I usually charge my GF6XPS in the morning when playing golf and test whether shots get detected on my 1st hole but on Saturday I upgraded to beta f/w 23.02 and decided to test without power off and it worked flawlessly.

Today I'm charging and I'll test on range first and if shots not detected, long press on LIGHT button then power ON.

Until they fix this problem I'm gonna turn the watch on at the range and see if it registers a shot, if not I'll power cycle.
  • It's a known fact in software programming, that if you strive to continually improve and make corrections to try and fix an issue, there's always a chance to break something else.

• Did a few tests today, mixed results but consistent results.

In my previous round after updating f/w to 23.02, my GF6XPS detected autoshot distances flawlessly. After round, I exited the Golf app.

1. Today, I charged to 100% went to the golf club, launched Golf app and autoshot distances not detected on range.
    2. Did a power off holding light button until it shutdown, then pressed light to power on, launched golf app and autoshot distances were detected flawlessly.
    3. Exited the golf app, launched golf app again and autoshot distances NOT DETECTED.
    4. Again, did a power off holding light button until it shutdown, then pressed light to power on, launched golf app and autoshot distances were detected flawlessly.
    5. Again, exited the golf app, launched golf app again and autoshot distances NOT DETECTED.
    6. I again repeated 4. and 5., same.

It seems to me that when you EXIT the Golf app, it's not shutting down completely leaving something behind or in memory that prevents autoshot distances to be displayed until another complete POWER OFF and RESTART is carried out.

Hope this helps.

Cheerz ;^)

• Yesterday before I found this thread, I was web chatting with someone from Garmin who was utterly incompetent. After much to and fro on chat he hits me with "What is the main issue now sorry?". I then found this thread. I did a restart and I also switched shot tracking to "on". I did then get the golf distance banner which had been missing since the upgrade. I'll try again this weekend.

• I have the same issue. Autoshot works only once at each hard reset. I reset it every time I play golf. Yes, very annoying.

• You can set up your clubs under "My Bag" from Garmin Golf app or Gear from Garmin Connect website.. I have 5-wood, 4-hybrid, different wedges.

•  Another user her,e for the record, with the same issue on v23.00. Will try the reset workaround in a couple of days. Now I wish I kept my S20 but the F6 had been working well enough up to this update so I gave it away.