22.10 software update

My Fenix 6 Pro auto-updated to 22.10 software yesterday morning and has since been completely unusable.  a list of the issues below;

• Menu cycling takes 5+ seconds per button click
  • Some menus (such as activity selection for running/hiking) do not open, or load half cut off by the watch face
  • The screen will go grey (Like a faint white, but wiht the backlight on) intermitently
  • When I receive a notification the vibrate lasts 15+ seconds
  • No heart rate reading
  • No step counting
  • Wont pair to Garmin Connect app since soft reset
  •  A full charge suddenly becomes <5% and then turns off in a matter of hours

Has anybody else had a similar issue or know a solution? I has soft reset, turned off/on, gone to 'update software' in menu to try re-download. I do not want to hard reset and lose all my fitness data.

David.

• Mine updated without issue...at least for the time being

• Same for me. Step count stop few hours ater reboot. Battery discharge rapidly !!

• I just got the same problem. They had me try a few things over phone that didn't work. I got disconnected. I deleted a bunch of files, did the hard reset, still no solution.  I think it's pretty clear the update wrecked our watches. The person on the phone put me on hold while reviewing the problem and then suggested I might need to pay for an exchange. I hope they didn't Brick my watch!! Did you have any luck?

• How's the new Strength Functionality? Have they fixed the UX where the user had to click multiple times to scroll out of a workout list, and where the timer was not the default view?

• I am not familiar with AngloSaxon laws and regulation, but since it is rather complicated to avoid the sw updates (Garmin tries to enforce them, switching off auto-update on the watch is not enough to avoid them) one can say that independently from the warranty status of the hw, there should be some legal shield/protection against harms caused by sw.

Just like in case of Apple who released sw updates which deteriorates the usability and the value of the hw itself. 

• I am having the same issue since the update. Have you been able to get a fix?

• I still have to do the video part with support….100% the update. No way you go from a perfect running watch to not working after an update with it being the problem. The support wasn’t helping me. They told me to do a hard reset which I did 3 times before….the whole time my watch freezing and buttons not working

• I do not wish to  frustrate you, but both  all times when I made videos with my iphone  to document a bug and sent them to Garmin Outdoot Support I had to go through the following:

- I sent it.

- Nothing happened, and after 1-2 weeks

- I sent another email, that what they think about the bug.

- G.O.S.: I cannot watch it, pls. send it again

- I sent it again. i mean exactly the same file from the same email box from the same device

- After just few days G.O.S. confirmed that they could watch video and forwarded it with the bug description to the engineers

- Then nothing happened for months

- So I sent another email, that what happened with the bug, why I could not see any fixes if they realized that the was a bug.

-  G.O.S. gave me some nonsense answers like they closed the ticket, because I was the only one who reported, OR I should update my watch to the latest fw even if the bug has not been fixed in that OR asked me to describe again the bug.

Since the video story happened twice ("I cannot watch the video, send it again") I tend to think that either they are not correct and not just kill the time or I always exchanged emails with some artificial intelligence.

• That is frustrating. The reset has worked for me. So sorry that it didn't for you. You may need to ask for your case to be considered as an official complaint to get progress.

• My bug reports were not standalone issues which can be remedied by a reset.

Each of the 4 bugs I reported in 2022 H1 had had and still has at least one-one dedicated thread here, some of them more than just one thread.

I sent the links to these threads to Garmin to show that these were not standalone issues.

Almost all of my emails were mistreated including ones where I contacted Garmin simply using my right to ask for the "Support history". It took 4-5 months to get something witouth including the exact details, I got only dates of communication and its way (email or phone)  after sending many reminding and complaining emails to them. I just wanted to collect all the details of my bug reports from 2008 until now to show that what they really fixed and what they did not,

If you can point to another channel, not Support, not Beta Teams, where I make an official complaint I will definitely do it. But it makes no sense to send emails about official complaints to the very same people who have mistreated you earlier