22.10 software update

My Fenix 6 Pro auto-updated to 22.10 software yesterday morning and has since been completely unusable.  a list of the issues below;

• Menu cycling takes 5+ seconds per button click
  • Some menus (such as activity selection for running/hiking) do not open, or load half cut off by the watch face
  • The screen will go grey (Like a faint white, but wiht the backlight on) intermitently
  • When I receive a notification the vibrate lasts 15+ seconds
  • No heart rate reading
  • No step counting
  • Wont pair to Garmin Connect app since soft reset
  •  A full charge suddenly becomes <5% and then turns off in a matter of hours

Has anybody else had a similar issue or know a solution? I has soft reset, turned off/on, gone to 'update software' in menu to try re-download. I do not want to hard reset and lose all my fitness data.

David.

• Why is it complicated? I only update if I want to, meaning if I need any of the new features or if a bug is fixed that bothers me. I'm on 20.60 and don't plan to update. If you disable auto update and don't connect your watch to garmin express, there is no automatic update. 

• The point is GE itself. If you wanna update the maps and you are not cautious enough you will get the new sw even if you dont click on it.

I delete manually always the sw update file before unplugging it.

You are more lucky with Edge computers, because you can create a fake update file with 0 byte, named as gupdate.gcd. But Fenix 6x overwrites it when you plug it to a pc and run GE.

It is how I experienced.

• Hi. I had removed a personnalized field and change watch face from "Pheonix V2" to a build in one.

After reboot, watch count my step and stop to drain battery quickly.

I haven't run since, until this morning. This morning I ran and after the run the watch stopped tracking the steps. After a restart, the step count resumed.

I hope that it will help you @Garmin.

I can't wait for this bug to be fixed.

• Why be an ass about it? A bunch of us had our very expensive watches ruined by an automatic update and all we did was use it exactly the way it was intended to be used by the manufacturer. This is on Garmin and they better fix it. Quit blaming people for not eliminating half the functionality of the watch just to avoid a bad update being pushed, which shouldn't have happened. 

• Update on my watch - I didn't manage to find a fix, but Garmin Europe helpline sorted the issue by offering a replacement for free within my warranty. Annoying I had the issue and seems like multiple people have had similar, but I will be getting a working replacement in a couple of days so can't complain too much.

I may disable auto-update in the future as suggested below, although I don't feel like I should have to do this with a £400 product.

• Unfortunately mine is out of guarantee (+ 8 months) , ... I'm realy looking forward to see a solution going forward (I'll keep tracking this case)

• I have a Fenix 6 Saphhire Pro. Since the update to 22.10:

• Wrist HR stopped working
    • Barometer stopped working
    • Temperature stopped working
    • Battery drains in 1 day
    • Pressing a button often nothing happens for 5-10 sec
    • When my phone gets a call, the watch hangs up the call
  • My experience with this issue is that once product support determined that my watch is dead, they offered to replace it with a refurbished one free of charge. I am waaaay out of warranty so I was very pleased to hear this. They suggested that the root cause was battery dying, which makes no sense because it worked perfectly and then died after an update, but who knows. If you get the BMX 0.0.0 WHR 0.0.0 (in software version screen) there is no recovery. I am frustrated with the hassle but Garmin did the right thing to fix it. 

• any update, garmin, on battery drain?  have to reboot the watch any time I record an activity as otherwise I get several % per hour drain.

• I have a fenix 6x sapphire. I have battery issues with 22.10 update. my battery lasts 3 days