Hello Fenix 6 customers,
20.50 is our public release that will be rolled out in phases starting Monday, February 14th. We’ve posted it here for our forum users who wish to install it immediately. This release is only a version bump from 20.42 - 20.50, so there is no change log between those versions.
Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.
- Fenix 6s: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6s Pro: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6 Pro: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6x Pro: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.
20.50 Full Release Change Log (Since v20.30):
- Updated the software update process to allow the user to defer the installation. This replaces the automatic install during the user's sleep window.
- Improved robustness of nightly altitude calibration.
- Fixed an issue on non-music devices that could cause a disruption of various metrics after being plugged into a computer.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would freeze when starting a round of golf.
- Fixed issue that could cause altitude graph to flatline.
- Fixed issue that would cause device shutdown when editing HIIT data fields.
- Fixed issue where the device would create empty golf scorecards.
- Fixed issue where the activity timer could be enabled on the Map-App.
Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.
Sensor Hub: 11.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11** ANT/BLE/BT v6.15 will be rolled out to the public in an upcoming release and is therefore not included in these files. If you have already updated to 6.15 via the 20.42 beta, there is no need to backdate. If you are currently on 6.11, you will need to wait for the next beta release in order to update to 6.15.
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60
Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.
Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.
We know this post states it is a public release, yet the URL states it's a beta. This is simply a method of delivery for public beta. We use the same channel and therefore the 'beta' term follows each of these links. We only note it is a public release so that you are aware it's the version to go live to the public.