Fenix 6 Series - 20.41 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

20.41 Change Log Notes:

• Updated the software update process to allow the user to defer the installation. This replaces the automatic install during the user's sleep window.
  • Improved altitude calibration.
  • Fixed intermittent issue where device would freeze when starting a round of golf.
  • Fixed issue that would cause device shutdown when editing HIIT data fields.
  • Fixed issue where the device would create empty golf scorecards.
  • Fixed issue where the activity timer could be enabled on the Map-App. (Pro models)

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.30
Sensor Hub: 11.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Yes, the course is pretty flat - this was a 10K road run that went down my valley and back up a different route. Theres a 500-750m section on an old tram road.. Looks ok as its about 2 and a half minutes at that altitude and as I said that bit is an old tram road so does tend to follow a contour.  I'll keep an eye and will have a longer one tomorrow as I'm off on trails rather than road - so any overtly flat sections there will DEFINITELY be wrong :)

My Altimeter is set on Auto mode with Nightly/pre activity calibration on..

Here's my other one

• My sensor mode setting is on auto. 

By the way, I was wrong, this has actually happened before (but only once) after I switched from auto to barometer only and went on a run. 

• Disclaimer - this was also a road run too, so hence not very spiky

• OK so interesting...

On the activity I switched ON (Edit: Its off by default, switching on does what I say lol)  elevation corrections and that locks the track to the underlying DEM. For that flat section, there is a wobble +/- 1m for a few minuites so it's hard to see if that flat bit is a genuine 'pause' of the altimeter or just a section where the errors were (for example) +1 where the actual value was -1 and so coincidentally flattened out over that section

May be an artefact, may be a genuine coincidence. I'll post tomorrows elevation and see how it behaves. Thanks for pointing it out.

• I have created a data field that records raw data from a pressure sensor and converts it to altitude. I added this data field to the activity and walked down the ramp to the underground parking lot. The sensor works properly and quite accurately tracked even the smallest changes in altitude. But it seems that its values are not taken into account in the height plot.

connect.garmin.com/.../8204105300

• Although I live in Wales, there are flat bits - so heres an example of another tram road run where you can see there is the occasional flat bit - and this is genuinely flat :) So that section on the previous didnt raise a red flag as I have occasional sections like this - although this area is a pretty extreme example as its flat for a few K (Was originally an old road used for transporting iron ore :) )This ws on 20,30 though, but I've run this route lots of  times over several years and its definitely flat :)

I do use smart recording - wonder if that may be an issue - will switch back to one second tomorrow

• Hi, I see lower average power consumption compared to 20.xx on F6pro solar (2 days). Excellent.

• If I switch on elevation correction for my run, it shows an elevation gain of 19 meters. If I turn it off, it shows 0 meters. Something's fishy. 

• Anyone knows if useful features been added at all? Like i can name an alarm by typing my own required label for it, instead of the handful useless that's built in? Yesterday i was washing my car and the watch informed me of Good swing and second time, it told me that I've reached a 10th floor goal. Really? Cannot even use these features for "AIKIKEN-suburi" or jo-suburi. Cannot i just decide if i want the idiot golf software or not? I will probably be looking for another watch at this point. Perhaps an android based that can be rooted. I've lost hope at this point.