This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Animated workouts on Fenix 6 pro

Dear Garmin. 

I recently switched from Suunto to Garmin but I have my first bummer. My new Fenix 6 pro won't show animated workouts. I have the latest firmware and updated the workouts from the pc to the Garmin. also tried every thread on internet to get it work. but no show. 

ok Garmin make me a happy Garmin user.

greetings Eric

• I returned my new Fenix 6S Pro on day 28 of the 30 return period in the UK. The vendor offered me a new replacement but as Garmin cannot guarantee all new watches have working animated workouts I declined and went for the refund. Back to my Vivosport which for a sixth of the Fenix price is much more than a sixth of the value in function! If it is resolveable with firmware - I may pick up another. Actually may go for the mid size device as the S Battery was a little underwhelming at 3-4 days, the mid size device should do 7 which would suit my usage pattern better.

The features I miss most are the Body Battery, detailed Sleep Analysis and although the maps are great - breadcrumb courses would be just as useful to me (like on the Instinct - shame it is so ugly - I owned one and just didn't like the monochrome boringness). I did however like the Fenix 6S Pro display - I wouldn't need OLED/Touch on my next device. 

• My second device as you know has the same problem! I made today a request for refund! But Im sure i will be facing problems with this one here in Greece! Anyway waiting for their response on Monday! 

• John Lewes (a department store in the UK) processed by refund for the Garmin 6S Pro today. A hollow victory - when - much as I expected - I've heard nothing from Garmin support since the 21-Feb-22 (7 days ago). It was about 10 days ago I raised the support ticket - they only contacted me 7 days ago because I asked for a status update. Very poor.

I have decided to buy a second hand Garmin from eBay this time. What I immediately miss from the Fenix is Body Battery and advanced Sleep analysis - so I will exchange my current Vivosport for a Vivosmart 4 - should get one for about £30-£40 on eBay. I may then buy a Fenix 6 Solar - if I can get a good deal.

You know in 10 years - come to think of it - I've had quite a lot of reliability issues with Garmin Fitness Trackers.

i) Forerunner 210 was hell to use with Ant+ Computer Syncing. 

ii) Had a Vivosmart 2(?) - OLED screen failed just outside the warranty period (banding - known issue)

iii) Vivosmart HR+ - Strap and battery - although to be fair - did get three years use

iv) Vivosport - battery half way through it's life in 18 months ... bit too soon.

v) Instinct - the beeper (piezoelectric) didn't work on it - returned Nov-21

vi) Garmin Fenix 6S Pro - animated workouts not working - returned Feb-22.

• Neen out of the box. It didn’t work

• Updated June 1st, 2022:

The animations missing issue has been resolved with the v21.00 software update. If you continue to experience the issue, please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region. We will be happy to work with you further.

• HI, 

I received the update to v21.00 today and unfortunately with my Fenix 6 pro the animations are still not visible. Just the text. I deleted all trainings from the wathc and sent new from the app (incl. sync).

• I have the same issue Neutral faceFrowning2Rage

• Same issue with me!! Come on Garmin! How hard can it be?

• Still not working! Please sort it otherwise I will be yet another customer returning my device 

• fenix 6 pro should come pre loaded with some workouts, along with animations.  The prompts come up, but without animations.