This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Animated workouts on Fenix 6 pro

Dear Garmin. 

I recently switched from Suunto to Garmin but I have my first bummer. My new Fenix 6 pro won't show animated workouts. I have the latest firmware and updated the workouts from the pc to the Garmin. also tried every thread on internet to get it work. but no show. 

ok Garmin make me a happy Garmin user.

greetings Eric

• Same problem with my Fenix 6 Pro Solar

• Same problem for many people, but no solution. For me on Tactic Delta.

• First question is, should it be able to do that?
    I mean, is it in the specifications of the watch that it should show animations?
    If not, then i guess it is a feature request.
    I have the F6 since two years and i have not seen it, nor have i looked for it, therefor asking if it should be able to do it or not.

• Have you tried this?

support.garmin.com/.../

I was able to add... you need to use Garmin Connect App to select the trainings, transfer them to your watch (sync) and you need to select the activity connected to the workout (example for ab workout its Pilates) - keep pressing the MENU button until it show "Training" and you can select it

• Thumbsup. It works for me. Thank you.

• Thanks for the reply. But that’s not working for me Confused  Hopefully Garmin Will fix this in the future. It’s bizar that on some identical watches it will work or not. 

• New Fenix 6s Pro user, can confirm still no animated workouts at all on FW 20.50. Disappointed that it is not working on some Pro models especially as a two year old design. Had my watch 2 weeks now and may return it off it is never going to be fixed.

• Have you contacted garmin support? They might just send you a new watch if it's really a problem with your individual watch. But apart from that you could ask yourself: would you buy this watch if animated workouts were not a feature to begin with? I understand that it just feels bad not to have a feature you've paid for, but at least for me animated workouts are more or less a gimmick. They only work for pre-loaded workouts anyway, not for custom ones. And e.g. for Yoga, I'd rather use an app or youtube video  than my watch for instructions. 

• I have reported it now, I have to follow up with a video of the issue.

I actually did want the Yoga and Pilates as a killer feature (not literally hopefully). Did 1hr of yoga yesterday watching the videos through the Garmin App on my phone, it was nightmare compared to what having them on my wrist would have been.

I will post back when tech support have been in touch.

• Mine is working perfectly...The animations will only show once you start the workout.

Have you tried the following?

Garmin Connect App

1. Open the Garmin Connect app from your mobile device.
    2. Open the Main Menu.
      • Android: Select  (upper left corner)
      • iOS: Select More (bottom right)
    3. Select Training.
    4. Select Workouts.
    5. Select Find a Workout.
      NOTE: 
      Create a Workout feature does not support animated workouts.
    6. Browse and select a workout. You can select a workout step to see the animation.
    7. Select Save to My Workouts.

Sync your watch with the Garmin Connect app for the workout to be available on your watch. 

After all this, you will need to look for the workout, some are easy to find others might be under Pilates or other already existing activities. For example for Yoga, you need to go to the yoga activity but don't select it normally, but instead keep pushing the UP button until it shows a menu and there select TRAINING-> WORKOUTS-> and select one... the animations will only show once you start.