This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Animated workouts on Fenix 6 pro

Dear Garmin. 

I recently switched from Suunto to Garmin but I have my first bummer. My new Fenix 6 pro won't show animated workouts. I have the latest firmware and updated the workouts from the pc to the Garmin. also tried every thread on internet to get it work. but no show. 

ok Garmin make me a happy Garmin user.

greetings Eric

• Also please tell me! Did you have the problem since you took the watch out of the box? Or it was operating and then stopped? 

• Yes it's a 6 Pro and yes I'm absolutely positive it's compatible with animations and yes workout video is enabled.   It's a bug introduced in a previous software update that Garmin has yet to figure out.

• About the first thing I did after opening the box was connect the watch to my computer and update the software to 20.30... so perhaps animations was working out of the box, but I wouldn't know since I updated software before testing that feature.  I have since updated to 20.50 and the bug remains.  So back to Amazon goes the watch.

• I see! I had hands on a garmin tactix with 20.30 and it was operating! So 20.40 created the problem? 

• It will likely get fixed eventually.  I was told it was a bug introduced in a previous FW update...but I don't think they have been able to pinpoint which part of which FW update caused the bug.  That is likely why animations works for some people and not for others... I'm guessing some people skipped over the buggy FW update by luck.

• I don't know.  I don't know what FW my watch started with out of the box nor if bug was there before I upgraded to 20.30.    It was there in 20.30 and is still there now.  

• I really dont know what to do! I chose this watch for some reason! Even if i get my money back doesn't make me happy! I just wanted to have a normally operating 800 euros watch! 

• It seems to me Garmin could figure out which older firmware works properly and allow affected watches to rewind to that FW until a new FW is released without the bug.

• I don't think the firmware is the problem.

If animations don't work on the base model but do on the pro model, it is more likely that the physical electronics are altered at production - permanently i.e. the electronic shortages meant the base model electronics have been used in the pro model watch. Like when you buy a processor chip and it is only 6 core instead of 8 because they cheaper ones are knobbled even though the transistors are there.

• The solution will be to change the watch but not to the same batch... It's a theory....