My Fenix 6 pro goes to pairing mode everytime it disconnects from my phone

Everytime my Fenix 6 goes out the range of my phone it goes to pairing mode, displaying the 6 digit code before finally saying 'pairing failed' rather than just waiting to be paired back with my normal phone. Its doing my nut in. I've did everything I can think of to correct, tried re-pairing, pairing to different devices, soft/hard reset etc. Still the same.

This has been goi g on since September with Garmin being unwikking/unable to help. Has anyone experienced this before? 

• I am sorry you are having a Bluetooth related issue with your watch.

Please try the following:

- Factory Master Reset: How to Reset My Garmin Outdoor Watch

If you continue to have the issue, you can also try going to Phone > Alerts and turn them Off if on. The alert setting is for when your watch is out of range of your phone and when back in range and reconnects again. If that setting is already off and the reset did not resolve your issue, it will need to be exchanged. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.

• Hi there Chris, firstly thanks for the response, this has been ongoing since September, at no point has there been a suggestion that the watch needs to be returned. Of course now the watch is about 5 days out of warranty.

I'll try this one more time (this is the 3rd time), however I will be extremely annoyed if this is a known issue within Garmin given the lack of support to date as I feel I've been strung along hoping the issue just goes away.

Can you provide clarity if this is a known issue with this device?

• Taking into consideration your issue has happened 3 times over the course of owning your watch, it does not fall into a known issue. It does sound like there may be an issue with your specific watch since September though.

Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region to discuss your options. Thank you.

• It has not happened 3 times since September it's been happening continually since September with no resolution from Garmin. Every single time I leave Bluetooth range or have to turn Bluetooth off on my phone, my watch goes into pairing mode, every single time...for 3 months. Nevermind what it's doing to my sanity my battery life probably doesn't benefit.

I've done a hard reset of my watch (3 times now) on the advise of your support team with no effect.

• There is clearly an issue with your watch since it continues to happen and resetting it has not resolved it. Please reach back out to Outdoor Product Support. If you have a history of reaching out, it will be noted on your account and you will not have a warranty issue if it was not exchanged in the process of contacting support multiple times.

• There is clearly an issue with your watch since it continues to happen and resetting it has not resolved it.

I always thought the pairing request came from the phone. I say this because on occasion I have experienced similar despite my watch not being set to Pair. What has resolved it for me (this with an iPhone X) is to

• Delete the watch from GCM.
    • Forget the watch in Bluetooth settings
    • Hard reset the watch (long press top left)
    • Reboot (not simply Power Cycle) the phone
    • Restart GCM
    • Restart the watch (once GCM is open)
    • Re-pair the watch

I have had occasion to remove GCM to resolve this. However, I have not had to have a watch replaced.

YMMV

• Do you have the watch paired with any other mobile devices?

Mine is paired to both my phone and tablet. If I go out of range of my phone but the tablet is in range then the watch will automatically try to connect to the tablet & bring up the pairing code screen 

• If you have a history of reaching out, it will be noted on your account and you will not have a warranty issue if it was not exchanged in the process of contacting support multiple times.

Oops, I didn't know that! How many times can you reach out and decide not to exchange? What if you find that an update fixed an issue after you contacted support so you let them close the reported issue? 

• It will depend on the issue being experienced and what troubleshooting has been requested.

Only speaking for how I personally handle interactions, if you work with me when contacting the Outdoor Wearables Product Support in the USA, either your issue will be resolved on our first interaction or we will complete the process through email with each other if I ask request you try something first that might resolve the issue. Either way, your issue will be resolved or watch replaced without further interactions re-contacting Product Support and speaking with other agents.