This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7

Hii guys , pls is there any approximate release date for the fenix 7 or venu 3 at least will it be in 2021 ? thank you 

• What are you stressing all about? Yes it is EOL, but the price reflects that. I paid 550euro for a 1000 euro watch couple of weeks ago. At this point I do not know what the could add to the new F7 to spark my interest (LTE is not one of them).

• At this point I do not know what the could add to the new F7 to spark my interest

Altimeter and GPS that actually work could definitely spark mine

• I cannot complain. I know there are plenty of cases when the HR/GPS is wonky for some, but majority of the time it is flawless for me.

• 2 things should definitely be considered as "almost certain" on the F7: elevate 4.0 sensors and dualband GPS
    1 thing that is "maybe" is ECG & AFib detection, which is nothing but algorithm work enabled by new Elevate sensors. They have the code but Elevate 3 was not accurate enough for functionality to be released already. Clinical study was due end July 2021, results leveraged after.

• The discounts were probably to match those that Garmin was offering in its birthday sale last month. The physical retailers in the UK did the same, as did Amazon UK - where I just got my Fenix 6 Pro from

• It really depends on your activity and environment. For higher speeds activities like road cycling, watch GPS has already been doing well enough; for lower speed activities like running, GPS will never work well enough if you run in places with poor signal.

• I think improved GPS tracking while cycling (compared to running) is not due to speed as much as the orientation and motion of the watch.  I've noticed that when cycling my GPS track is better than when running the same path.  So I've tried running with a bike helmet on, and the watch strapped to the helmet, facing up.  I got a GPS track just as good as when cycling.  Then I tried cycling with my left arm (watch attached) off the handlebar, swinging back and forth like it does when I'm running.  I got a track very much like I get when running.  I did not try cycling with the watch mounted to my helmet, though Slight smile

• That's very interesting. Obviously higher speed means the same measurement error wouldn't contribute as much to the measured distance, but if the movement affects accuracy maybe head-mounted "running computer should be a thing.

Usually when I run outside the city GPS accuracy is very good. My problem is usually from poor signal around buildings, in which case higher speed makes it slight more tolerable.

• Looks like your source doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about.

• I think it was a joke - like "free beer tomorrow"